All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm new to the boards and new to IBS
      #214984 - 09/21/05 12:59 PM
Jess412

Reged: 09/21/05
Loc: New York

It's a nightmare for me as you all will know. I can't concentrate on my life the way it was anymore. I am not sure if this has happened to any of you but the need to go at the most inopportune times (i.e, commuting home on public transportation) has me in knots. I try not to think about it but the thought of "what if I don't make it home" creeps up on me so many times. Does it get better? My PCP has scheduled me for further tests with a gastrointerologist, and I'm hoping medication will make this all go away. Any advice or help from anyone for this newbie would sure be appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm new to the boards and new to IBS new
      #214998 - 09/21/05 02:12 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Get started on the diet and a good SFS asap. Take Immodium daily as a preventative - it's perfectly safe as long as you get thoroughly checked out before getting a definite diagnosis.

Oh and try posting on the Eating For IBS forum with general q's and you'll get more answers.

Good luck! And yep, it does get better.

PS. You'll probably find either an anti-depressant or hypnosis good for the anxiety.

Re: I'm new to the boards and new to IBS new
      #215005 - 09/21/05 02:17 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome to the boards Jess!! Yes, check out the Eating For IBS forum as Linz suggested....you will get a lot more answers there. Then after you have been on the diet for awhile come back here and we can help you with other goals that you might have.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review