All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 7/14/05
      #195541 - 07/14/05 08:06 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/14 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/14/05 new
      #195792 - 07/14/05 05:12 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

officially sick (and tired)
B: oatmeal 320 4g
snacks and lunch: banana, pretzels, carrots, PB&J, 3 cookies, sorbet 800 and 18g
late dinner: risotto, baguette, carrots (small amount) 400 and 8g
gatorade and sugar 150
Total: 1670 and 30g 16%
Exercise: worked 5 1/2hours in high heat. Felt like crap, had headache, napped and layed around after work.
Other: drank huge amounts today.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#195811 - 07/14/05 06:35 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

In usual hobbit habit and random order:

--3 c. strawberries (they don't give me gas!)(I think I'll have some more soon, too)
--2 c. spaghetti squash
--spinach/green bean puree
--velvety zucchini soup (2 bowls)
--green beans
--white flesh peach, 1 c.

More to follow, naturellement! I'm not sure what, besides strawberries. Raw jam, LOL! I'm in heaven. I have an illegal quantity in my fridge. Can you believe I bought 6 litres of strawberries on the weekend? I did freeze some.
I might have a few yellow beans, too. I need more "yellow" today.

Got rid of those blueberries that give me gas! (Nasty pea imposters!!! Little pellets in my poos! It's almost as bad as sweet corn, but at least the blueberries melt in my shorts! Okay, I'm being gross. It's cruelty to my inner rabbit! Decided to make blueberry vinegar! I like wild blueberry juice, but well...I can do without the blueberries.)

Now, I'm going to buzz off!

Kate, IBS-D.

(intermission)
The "hobbit" has returned. She opted to skip the bean idea and has been snacking on her "raw jam" all evening. Can you believe she consumed a total of 6 cups of strawberries, now?
(note: these are pureed and when you puree them, the quantity decreases) Hey, as MONICA from "Friends" said, "No Man, better make Jam!" I'm doomed, tonight. When you eat your smarties do you eat your red ones last? (Just no more blue ones for you, Kate!!!) Anyways, back to life and what we think is reality--with more raw jam on the side.

Edited by Wind (07/14/05 08:25 PM)

Velvety zuccini soup new
      #195845 - 07/14/05 10:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Sounds simply divine...like the name of a sinful desert! Look how you've warped my mind dear sister!

So how DOES one make such a luscious sounding soup? PLEASE share your secret!!!

ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#195846 - 07/14/05 10:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

about 2lbs carrots juiced, some cranberry juice, about 3 celery stalks juiced, a granny smith apple juiced, and a fiji or gala or braeburn apple (not sure whihc it was!) juiced. Drunk throughout day.

About 4oz. brown rice pasta and lots of tom. puree with a bit of olive oil and chives/thyme/basil. Eaten throughout day.

Tow bites cole slaw that I tasted while making it for Shabbos.

About 1/8 homemade beans.

that's all folks!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Velvety zuccini soup new
      #196005 - 07/15/05 09:37 AM
Wind

It's as easy as baby food zucchini! It can be savory or sweet or bland or spicy...whatever. It can be as thick or thin as you want it to be, adjust the liquid to your liking. The liquid can be broth or water. I let my food processor finely slice it and then put it in the microwave to cook. I often add herbs.
If I feel salty, I use stock (I NEED THE SODIUM!!! due to my condition) and when it's cooked--the herbs steep--I put it in the food processor. Stock isn't necessary, though. It's great, too, with fruit topping or other veggie topping--peaches, nectarines, berries--even those blue ones I shouldn't have cursed yesterday!!! Visualize a swirl, or in comparison to some cake decorations. Sometimes I mix spinach in with it, or asparagus. It's one of those tried tested and true creamy soups without the addition of a not-milk. It's good with beet slices or some carrot, or if you're really in a bitter mood, turnip. Snopeas? It's a fill in the blank soup. I suppose roasted/peeled peppers would work. Sorry, I'm thinking optically. A little contrast is nice--you know, dimension, i.e. what's floating in this bowl of soup. Texture, colour, whatever. Baby corn, floating on too? Without adding liquid to the zucchini puree, it becomes more like a sauce or gravy. So, in essence, it is baby food zucchini with as much or as little of a twist as you're in the mood to give it.

I like finishing it with fresh lemon. A little vinegar of choice is nice too.

What is velvety zucchini?-nt new
      #196397 - 07/16/05 10:31 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#196457 - 07/16/05 07:47 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Do you peel it first? And how long in the microwave?

How much zucchini do you use to make a serving and about how much liquid? Do you add the herbs and cook them in the microwave along with the zucchini?

Can I ask any more question??? I'm cooking challenged!

Thanks Kate

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#196461 - 07/16/05 08:11 PM
Wind

1. I don't bother peeling the zucchini. It's your call. I just run it through the ultra fine slicer in my food processor.
2. It tastes better in just water and sea salt versus broth. The broth makes it taste too much like pea soup. Bleh. Sometimes I add herbs and sometimes I don't bother.
Somedays, the last thing I want is herbs!
3. I will use 3-4 c. zucchini and a minimal amount of water and microwave it for about 10 minutes, then drain/puree.
4. I mix this with other stuff--usually spinach or greens and herbs. It makes the IF in the spinach more gut friendly and creamy. In essence, it's just babyfood zucchini.
5. When I ate salad, I loved blanched or grilled zucchini with it. Now, I eat the greens cooked/pureed and the zucchini the same way and season/accompany it as desired.
I also used to like zucchini combined with beets or carrots or turnips. I also like spinach combined with fruit, which I puree. I have discovered that the zucchini is pretty good with a fruit accompaniment as well, i.e. berries!!! Zucchini is technically a fruit and I find it less starchy than say a banana which is similar in its structure/shape. Bananas also grow on vines.
6. This is mostly what I do these days with veggies--steam and puree and make babyfood really fast.
7. About 4 c. will yield 2 servings unless this is all I feel like having. Try it mixed with spaghetti squash, too.
Some like it with salsa--tomatoe or other fruit base. Kick it up as many degrees as you dare. (I've got an evil ulcer/h.pylori so I keep things really really tame, and have to stop myself from eating mustard out of the jar!)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3246

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review