Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Calling BritSarah - Tesco's Oat Krunchies
      #9954 - 05/26/03 08:17 AM
sona

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: UK

Hi Sarah

I read your post about Tesco's Oat Krunchies and thought I'd try them out. I went to Tesco's today but all I could find was a purple foil packet with oats, almonds and raisins. Have I found it or am I barking up the wrong aisle? Would you mind giving me an idea of price/packaging and what aisle - I'm assuming cereal or maybe it's a 'free from' product. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Regards
Alli

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Calling BritSarah - Tesco's Oat Krunchies new
      #9955 - 05/26/03 08:27 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi Alli
That was good timing, I've just logged back on!
They are Quaker Oat Krunchies, in a blue box - 375g for £1.35. At the moment in our Tesco they are on offer as well. I've just noticed they have got wheat bran in, but I tolerate them fine, and Heather does say you should incorporate some insoluble fibre into the diet if you can.
Sorry for the confusion!
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#9959 - 05/26/03 08:36 AM
sona

Hi Sarah

Thanks for this - Just realised I saw Quaker Oat Krunchies at the store but I'd mis-read your mail and thought you meant Tesco's did their own version! Looks like Quaker have recently added the wheat bran in. What a bummer! I don't handle bran well and was looking for an alternative to my tried and tested Coco-Pops.

Thanks again,
Alli

#9960 - 05/26/03 08:41 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Alli,
Have you tried Corn Chex or Corn Pops?
I haven't had them for a while but I'm sure they are safe, I have to check everything for dairy as my son is lactose intolerant, and he has eaten them. Also Bart Simpson's No Problemos and Eat My Shorts cereal, and the new Xmen cereal. He certainly loves them! It doesn't quite feel healthy to me to go for all the 'sweet' cereals, but they are usually the safest on the diet!!
sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#9983 - 05/26/03 01:30 PM
sona

Sarah

I haven't but will add to my shopping list. My ideal breakfast would be bacon, eggs, sauages etc.... but seeing as that sends my IBS into a tailspin (!) I have to pass. I've had some success with Coco Pops and soya milk for the last year. I love bagels, but have to follow a wheat reduced diet so am looking out for tasty IBS friendly cereals so many thanks for your ideas - I'll let you know how I get on.

Alli

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1700 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review