Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Peppermint Caps & Burping
      #98824 - 08/17/04 07:09 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Has anyone had problems with burping up the pep. caps and just stayed
with it for awhile and if so, has the burping gone away? I really think they help, but if I take even 1/day --by the 2nd or 3rd day I'm burping the pill up. It doesn't last long--maybe 1/2hr or so, but so far when that happens, I usually back off for a few days. Just wondering if I stuck with it, it the burping would finally go away, once my body got used to the strong peppermint.
Janene

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Peppermint Caps & Burping new
      #98826 - 08/17/04 07:35 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I have the same problem with 'peppermint' burps. My husband jokes about it - yesterday we were driving by a farm and it smelled like cow manure, and he goes, 'That is disgusting! Cara - will you burp?'
I hope they go away soon too!

--------------------
~Cara~

#98831 - 08/17/04 08:12 AM
karma624

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Jupiter, Florida

I've been taking the peppermeint caps for a bout a year and the burping does subside. It only happens every so often now. It depends on when I take them. Before a meal seems to help instead of after. I seem to get more of an acid reflux feeling from them now. Hope that helps!

#98844 - 08/17/04 08:44 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I have noticed that I burp more often, but not for an extensive time. I take the peppermint capsules 3 x per day - first thing in the morning (around 5:45AM), again at lunch and lastly at dinner.

The tea gave me heartburn, but so far the capsules are doing okay. I have been taking them for a couple of months. If fact, I am on my second order from Heather.

Is there anthing else you might be taking that would case the consistent burping?

I am sure someone on these boards will have a more feasible answer than I, but I have noticed that I burp more but not a consistent burping so much that I have to stop taking the capsule.

I hope you find the answer. Good Luck.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#98865 - 08/17/04 09:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I found the peppermint caps flared up my GERDs and I had minty burps associated with that (made a change from bile, though!).

Cow vs. Burping new
      #98867 - 08/17/04 09:17 AM
jeenerz

That's a good one! I laughed and laughed. Thing is, if your burps are anything like mine, it is a VERY strong Peppermint smell. I sometimes think I'm going to burp 10 pep. caps out whole, it's so strong!
Thanx for your input.
Janene

#98899 - 08/17/04 12:07 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I know you're serious, but I have to laugh. I'm not laughing at your post, but when I burp after taking a peppermint cap - never have I burped fresher! tee hee. Just had to share. Please don't be offended. The burping may go away on its own. Time will tell.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Fresh Burps new
      #98906 - 08/17/04 12:41 PM
jeenerz

Yep; you're right; these burps are sooooooooo fresh! I think I could starta peppermint factory with them! No offense taken
Janene

#98929 - 08/17/04 02:35 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

It can help if you make sure you take a cap on an empty stomach, about an hour before a meal. I find that the closer I take a cap before a meal, the more likely I'll have peppermint burps afterward.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#98937 - 08/17/04 02:58 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

Yes, when I started taking them it was once a day and I too burped them up - I just thought it was partof it and did not think much of it I eventual went to two a day and no more burping...

--------------------
Donell

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1181

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review