All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I NEED HELP PLEASE
      #97723 - 08/12/04 08:25 AM
aanthony548

Reged: 08/01/04

I am new to IBS and this website. I started following the diet last week, and I felt great everyday up unitl Sunday. Since Sunday until Thursday (today) I have had stomach cramps, gas, bloating, loose stolls, and D. I have been eating rice, Pasta, a little chicken, some baked lays, Flour Tortillas, Avocado, and a few Red Veins and Angel Food cake.

These are all items that it says I can eat and this is exaclty how I ate last week. Starting Sunday I have felt horrible. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks
Anthony

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE new
      #97726 - 08/12/04 08:32 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I eat everything you listed, except the avacado which gives me massive bloat and D. If that doesn't work, simplify, simplify! Try eating a little less, going back to chicken, rice, water only, or swapping things out.

Good luck!

~nel~

#97728 - 08/12/04 08:35 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yeah, the list of things that are "safe" are things that are USUALLY safe. Every single one of us here have different allergies and intolerances. Something in there you're intolerant to. I agree with simplifying until you figure out what it is.

#97730 - 08/12/04 08:54 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I agree with Nelly. Try that and see what happens. Otherwise, it can be a food allergy or food senstivity like I have. I went to an allergist and I was tested for food allergies. That helped me ellimante problem foods,which can cause gastointestinal problems as well. Last resort, I would get tested for food allegies.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#97731 - 08/12/04 09:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I totally agree with everyone else. It's boring as all getout, but you might want to stick with just rice, pasta, bread, and maybe applesauce for a few days, and then add things back in one at a time, to make sure one of those items isn't a trigger for you.

Personally, I can't eat baked lays, angel food cake, or much of any candy beyond Altoids. They're all on the "safe" list, but for me, they're anything but! Everyone's different, and you might need to experiement a little to see what works for you on the safe list. Good luck!

#97765 - 08/12/04 10:30 AM
aanthony548

Reged: 08/01/04

Thanks to everyone for theire advice

#97811 - 08/12/04 12:50 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Anthony,

Sorry you are having a rough time. I would suggest staying on the very safe foods and keep a food diary of everything and I mean everything you eat.....even so much as BBQ sauce can set you off. Are you sure you haven't used anything with sorbitol in it like vitamins, gum, mints, etc?

Everyone has different triggers so you have to use the trial & error method and see what works best for you.

Otherwise, just eat safe foods and take Imodium till this passes.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Try eliminating the avacado as a test new
      #97914 - 08/12/04 06:37 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Avacados are on the safe list but they give me cramps big time. Probably because they have a lot of fat.

#97930 - 08/12/04 08:13 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

I too started the diet a week ago today and have done wll - my only suggestion to you is keep a diary of what you eat and everything you eat...make sure your are eating regualry and not skipping meals or waiting too long in between meals(that caused me to bloat pretty bad).
You have to get in a routine of making sure you eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner...take plenty of fiber supp. (citricul is what I do every night before I go to bed), drink lots of water...etc.etc.
Keep it up and dont get frustrated because this works and it is amazing how well it does so...

--------------------
Donell

#97960 - 08/13/04 03:51 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Anthony- one note, I got bloated at the beginning but took some gas-x for 2 days and am much better now, just drinking a peppermint/fennel tea with my doses of benefiber.. seems to be helping.. but citrucel GAVE me D big time when I tried to take it instead- I hadn't considered it and was using the orange flavor stuff...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 939 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review