All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stomach pain/spasms
      #97231 - 08/10/04 02:02 PM
feelingood

Reged: 08/08/04

I have been suffering from mild to excruciating stomach pain which seem like spasms after I eat (cold seems to trigger it) and also at undetermined times of day although it has happened more than once from bending over. Is this related to IBS? Any suggesstions?
Missy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stomach pain/spasms new
      #97235 - 08/10/04 02:05 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

That definitely could be IBS, but have you seen a doctor? You really should have some tests to make sure that's what you have.

An anti-spasmodic will help. A lot of people really like Heather's peppermint caps, but there are prescription anti-spasmodics as well (Bentyl, Dicytel, etc.)

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Stomach pain/spasms new
      #97238 - 08/10/04 02:15 PM
feelingood

Reged: 08/08/04

Christine,

I do see a GI although he just released me back to my primary care doc. I was first diagnosed with reflux and put on previsid--I wound up in the ER with the same pain--they thought I had h pylori eventhough the test came back negative-- they tried to give me meds Im allergic to--when they couldnt find somehting I could take, they told me they couldnt help me but to come back to the ER if they pain came back. As far as tests, I have had an abdominal ultrasound, upper Gi, scope into my stomach and a abdominal Cat Scan with comtrast and they have found nothing--except that I have a kidney stone which they say is unrelated. I have been diagnosed with a functional stomach "problem" and have been taking the tricyclic antideppresant desipramine hcl for about 7 months--it has decreased the severuty of the stomach spasms (I went to the ER twice) When the spasma are really bad, I can barely breathe and can do nothing but stand, clutching a heating pad to my stomach. Right now my stomach is just "achy". I was thinking about trying the peppermint caps.

Thanks for the help
Missy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1432 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review