All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
this is slowly but surely curing me
      #97160 - 08/10/04 12:44 PM
paul762

Reged: 08/10/04

I suffered from daily d and bloating back ache etc etc. until I ate cress-sprouted seeds. I have only been eating 1 big handful of cress every dinner time on a sandwich and I am amazed at the results, bloating subsided for 3 days, 1 bm per day-formed, no pain, I dont know whats going on but the only thing that has changed in my diet etc. is the addition of cress.
I really hope this is the cure for everyone, throw the pills away and start munching. this is no joke. please give me feedback after you have tried this.
good luck.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: this is slowly but surely curing me new
      #97165 - 08/10/04 01:00 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

HI- can you tell me exactly what "cress-sprouted" seeds are??? Where do you purchase them and how did you hear about them? thanks

#97169 - 08/10/04 01:06 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Hi - I have the same question, what are cress sprouted seeds and where can you get them?

you might be on to something here, please share with us.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#97192 - 08/10/04 01:30 PM
paul762

hi, sprouted seeds are exactly that, they are seeds eg. broccoli, alfalfa, rape, etc. that have sprouted after about 3-5 days, they look like watercress, but I can tell you for the 4 days I have been eating them, I felt different on the second day, I have only been eating them for 4 days but bloating has subsided, pains are gone, no urgency, 1 bm per day for 3 days, and like I say no other changes just these sprouted seeds, I purchase mine from wal-mart/asda for 19p per tub, just called cress, and I have been eating one tub per day, at lunchtime in a sandwich. I must also say that nothing and I mean nothing else has worked for me , ive tried everything, so as you can imagine this was a very welcoming surprise, and I truly hope it works for everyone else also.
good luck all.

#97230 - 08/10/04 02:01 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Careful on eating sprouts in the states, they've been known to carry salmonella lately...

#97245 - 08/10/04 02:21 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Are you located in the USA?

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#97255 - 08/10/04 02:35 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I think ASDA's in the UK.

#97259 - 08/10/04 02:54 PM
jenkins

Reged: 02/12/04

I thought that sprouts were on the "NO" list along with most other raw vegetables.
Is that right?

watercress new
      #97266 - 08/10/04 03:53 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yep 19 pence would be UK and they have a lot of water cress there and you can't find it here(I didn't know they had walmart though). But one could buy the seeds from a mail order nursery and start them on your own. Maybe cress is a beneficial herb like fennel but then again maybe they are just high in fiber and getting him regular. I can't say.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#97369 - 08/11/04 02:37 AM
paul762

walmart owns asda now I think, yes im in the uk, I dont think its the fibre as I have taken fibre supplements before with no success, as I said in a precious post, there is nothing I havent tried, natural/chemical, in fact the last thing I tried was digestive advantage-ibs , which were about as useful as a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest.
anyway at 19p per tub everyone can afford to at least try it for a week.
hopefully you will feel much better as I did.

I'm glad to hear this has helped, but I have to say new
      #97575 - 08/11/04 03:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

that sprouts (of any kind) are one of the least tolerable veggies for me. I'm really surprised they're not making your diarrhea much worse - they can bring on diarrhea for me if I have more than a teeny tiny bit with a lot of soluble fiber. They're just so high in insoluble fiber they race right through me practically whole. Unpleasant, to say the least.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#97629 - 08/11/04 05:51 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

HI Paul--of course, watercress--DUH!!!! Don't know if that will be a good thing or not, but I love sprouts in general and will give it a try--altho, I understand Heather's point about the high insoluble fiber--but, it is worth a try--will look for them next time I am in the market. thanks for sharing!

Re: I'm glad to hear this has helped, but I have to say new
      #97644 - 08/11/04 07:29 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

When it comes to veggies, it is the same for me. Luckly, it helps you.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#97645 - 08/11/04 07:39 PM
MissyB

Reged: 07/22/04

Paul, I sure hope it continues to work! Sometimes making a change like that would make me think OK, It's all better now! Then a few weeks later, I'd be back in "trouble" again when I got used to it! lol missyb

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2387

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review