All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Kimm from Toronto -- do you still post here?
      #95916 - 08/05/04 06:14 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I just have a question for you about Modulon. How long did it take to start working? And is it still working great for you. You posted a few things about never feeling better since you started taking it.

Thanks and I hope you're still doing well.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kimm from Toronto -- do you still post here? new
      #95989 - 08/06/04 06:38 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey there....

I'm still taking it and I've found that if I combine that with the acacia twice a day and I eat properly I feel totally great!!

It took about 3-4 weeks to get into my system but once it started working...like I said...I haven't felt this good in years!! I no longer have the anxiety I used to have about going out and getting into social situations....

I haven't had D since I started taking it!!

Anway....you really should try it if you can...it's been a lifesaver for me!!

#96015 - 08/06/04 07:56 AM
Sara-Sage

Hi there! Thanks for writing back.

I have started taking it and it's been almost a week now. Good to hear that it can take longer to kick in as I haven't noticed any improvements yet. I'll stay with it though because I'd love to find something that works so well.

#96031 - 08/06/04 09:21 AM
Kimm

Hey again!!

Definately stick with it for a month....my doc said if it hasn't started working in a month then it probably won't. I noticed it working at about 3-4 weeks.

How many mg are you taking?

I'm on 200mg 3x day ....i was told that's the dosage that usually works for most people...if you're on a lower dosage then you may need to up it a bit...

#96077 - 08/06/04 11:50 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Kimm, that is great news!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#96174 - 08/06/04 07:46 PM
Kimm

thanks!! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps working for me cuz I've heard that antispasmodics can stop working after a while!!

Re: Kimm new
      #96176 - 08/06/04 07:51 PM
Sara-Sage

Hello, I take it 3x/day and my dose is 200mg. I'll stick with it longer but maybe you're following the diet way better than me. I try but sometimes slip up without realizing it.

#96180 - 08/06/04 08:06 PM
Sara-Sage

I think if you go a long stretch with no attacks and don't do anything to trigger them then your tummy/or colon, forgets how to get upset. That's my opinion.

Good luck.

#96202 - 08/06/04 10:01 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Quote:

I think if you go a long stretch with no attacks and don't do anything to trigger them then your tummy/or colon, forgets how to get upset. That's my opinion.

Hey Sara,

I have to disagree with you on that. I have been super good following the diet and even though I don't feel great in the mornings, I've been feeling pretty good with no D. Yet today after work I had a sandwich, even though I remove most of it, there was still a tiny amoutn of processed cheese on it, and I definitely felt it.

Keep us updated on the Modulon, I may try it out when I take some time off from flying. What have your main problems been?

Re: Hi JBI new
      #96221 - 08/07/04 07:32 AM
Sara-Sage

Ya, I guess what I said isn't true. I come up with interesting theories sometimes.

My main IBS symptoms are abdominal cramping and pain (which usually last all day. I'm mostly 'd' (and very seldomly 'c' although I have been a lot more regular with the fibre supplement. I'd have the say taking fibre twice a day is the only thing that made a HUGE difference in how I feel.

That's pretty much it, I get bloating and gas here and there but not too bad.

As I said, one week into the Modulon and I see absolutely no difference but Kimm said it would take a while. I had a bit of dizziness/drowsiness the first 2 days that I took it but it completely went away after that.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 353 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3444

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review