All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Equalactin and Yoga ?'s
      #9580 - 05/21/03 07:01 AM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

I've been taking the fiber supplement Equalactin for my IBS. I've been taking 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner. I've been pretty regular but this week I've been constipated. Is my body getting used to the 4 a day and I need to up my dosage? Also, I've been reading a lot of posts about Yoga helping so much. Any opinions to offer on that? Thanks a lot - have a great day everyone

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Equalactin and Yoga ?'s new
      #9581 - 05/21/03 07:24 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I know that the Yoga helps me wih my C. Especially the inverted poses and twisting poses. As for the Equalactin, I take it too, but I also take Metamucil so I can vary it. Maybe you are having a "hormone" change this week? I know that when my cycle is near the C flares up, nomatter how much fiber I take! Hope this helps! Good luck!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#9602 - 05/21/03 11:25 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - You can up your dose (up to 8 pills a day) and see what happens. This should really help. Or, as tnchawk says, it may just be what your body is doing this week. Keep your water intake and activity level up.

Check the yoga board here for lots of good info - I find yoga helps a LOT!!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#9651 - 05/22/03 12:15 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

heather where do you buy this equalactin at?

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#9664 - 05/22/03 07:38 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I find it at CVS ( a drugstore) or you can buy it online. Jus type in Equalactin into the search engine and it will pop up with where you can get it. It is relatively inexpensive...

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#9682 - 05/22/03 11:55 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - It should be at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and other drug stores. It's pretty widely available, in the laxative section (I hate that they do that!) next to Citrucel and Metamucil.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#9771 - 05/23/03 09:16 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Although it totally depends on what part of the country you're from. In Nashville, neither the CVS near campus nor the Walmart carried Equalactin. I'm going to look here in Ohio. Just a heads up--you may have to order it in some areas.

#9864 - 05/24/03 09:44 AM

Unregistered

[color:red] [/color] I buy Equalactin online at drugstore.com - it's great! A few months ago I couldn't find it anywhere, but just last week I saw it in Walgreens. If your pressed for time, or can't find in - try the website!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1726

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review