All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Back to square one for me!
      #95286 - 08/03/04 08:50 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I started this diet a month ago, and within a little over a week, I was feeling really good. I even had an entire week of stability. Then I got my period, and it all went downhill from there. First my monthly, then I was given antibiotics for Pertussis, then since it wouldn't go away, they put me on a cough medicine with codeine. I don't think I could keep up with it all. DAMN!! And of course, dispite my efforts in staying 100% safe, I end up using a BBQ sauce that has high fructose corn syrup as the 1st ingredient. UGH!!!

As I've experienced some stability already, I'm fairly confident that I can do it again. I just needed to vent, cause I'm feeling somewhat defeated right now. Thanks for listening.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww, phooey! new
      #95289 - 08/03/04 08:58 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Sorry to hear you've had a setback, but don't take it too hard - you *have* been really sick, and those stupid codeine syrups are killer. I know it sucks, and it's discouraging, but you have a good attitude about it - you did it once, you'll do it again! Hang in there, Rachel, and be good to yourself today... when I started using the "bad days" as an excuse to lay in bed with the heating pad, my cup of tea, and a good book, they suddenly didn't seem *quite* so bad. Feel better!

bummer new
      #95295 - 08/03/04 09:05 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

It's all part of the journey, Rachel! There isn't a single one of us who hasn't suffered a setback. Just hang in there and stay positive. You'll do better again!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Back to square one for me! new
      #95308 - 08/03/04 09:23 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Setbacks, don't they stink? That happened to me too. I was so happy to be stable for a week, and then I got my period. It's so wonderful to be a woman, isn't it?
Good luck getting back on track. You can do it, we all can!

--------------------
~Cara~

#95316 - 08/03/04 09:31 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Yeah, I just had a cycle related tummy ache last night, but NO D!!! Hang in there, sweetie!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#95325 - 08/03/04 09:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Aww, sweetie. You are right - now that you've experienced stability, you CAN get there again. Taking it from someone who has followed this diet for years, you really will get a handle on this. You might even be able to tolerate BBQ sauce - yes it has HFCS but the amount of sauce you eat is fairly small. Likely it was the codine and the antibiotics that were more of a problem.
You will learn what you can and can't tolerate as you go.
Take a deep breath, and start over. (I've started over how many billion times????). Once you get familiar with the diet, "starting over" won't be such a big deal.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Thanks everyone, for all your support... new
      #95331 - 08/03/04 11:11 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

unfortuately, I'm quite crabby today too. (I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed!) And, not being able to eat what I normally would along with not eating as much as I normally would, doesn't help either. Although, I have to admit, all your comments did make me smile. Thanks again.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Just alittle late... new
      #95337 - 08/03/04 11:28 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Hey Rachel- that stinks. I have been going through the same thing off an on the last four or five months. I will be doing great and think that I have this IBS thing beat (as long as I stick to the diet), than WHAM! An attack of D will hit me from making the littlest slip up.
About the BBQ sauce- we are all human... it took me to just recently to remember ALL the time to read ingredients before I eat or buy. Every shopping trip would result in at least one thing that I couldn't have being bought by accident.
Think of what a pro you are going to be in managing your diet one day!
Good luck to you, and if you still are feeling crabby, drink a cp of camomile and take a nice nap, it'll make ya feel better, I promise.

--------------------
-Sheri

Don't Give UP! new
      #95340 - 08/03/04 11:32 AM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

I'm so sorry, Rachel. It seems like this is the 'norm' for us IBSers. I keep hoping I'll get stable one day and that I won't always fear the mornings. You've proved to yourself that you can reach stability, so just start again.
And Get BETTER!
Janene

Hey Rachel? Becky? I'm confused..... new
      #95354 - 08/03/04 11:51 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hey Rachel,

I just realized your name was Rachel and not Becky. I've been calling you Becky all this time. Sorry!

Sorry you are having a rough patch. After you get over this hump, I'm sure you will be stable again. You did it before and you will do it again. Don't get down on yourself. You can vent anytime you want and we will listen.

I was a bad, bad girl and ate 2 warm, gooey choco chip cookies Sunday and now I have trapped gas and rumbly stomach. Will I ever learn

Feel better soon
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 631 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 951

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review