Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What next? Need to vent...
      #94658 - 07/30/04 06:26 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I went in to see my regular doc today for my follow-up, and discussed with her the recent kidney infection as well as my mysterious problem with my period showing up despite the fact that I'm on continuous birth control pills and have not missed a dose. Bad news, she thinks that since my intestines aren't absorbing nutrients (i.e. B12 and potassium), they may not be properly absorbing the medications I'm taking either, hence the period. Which is really not good, because she didn't want me getting a period because I bleed so heavily and my iron is so low, plus we have no idea when it's going to stop.

So, I've got to go back on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in Canada) and get blood work done (Again) to check my iron, as well as another B12 shot, and possibly get switched to the patch for better absorbtion. It's just so frustrating. I feel like my body is rebelling on me. Plus, I have such severe pain with my periods, the percocets aren't even helping. I normally take high doses of NSAIDs, but I'm not allowed because the GI said if it Crohn's they'll hurt me. GRRR...guess I'm spending the whole weekend with my friend the heating pad

On the upside (sorta) the regular doctor said he thinks he'd like to try and admit me for the small bowel follow-through prep, because he doesn't think I'm in a position to handle it on my own with all my blood levels being off and now also with a period. So that's encouraging. I'll keep you guys posted.

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hang in there! new
      #94660 - 07/30/04 06:30 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Kelly:

I'm still pulling for you and thinking good thoughts! Thank you for keeping us posted! Those docs will get ya straightened out soon.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: What next? Need to vent... new
      #94678 - 07/30/04 06:48 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hey Kelly.
I've been following along with your posts, but haven't responded cause I never know what to say. I feel so bad for you, and wish I could make it all disappear for you. I am however glad that you seem to be a little happier with the latest doc. Hopefully this means things will only get better from here. Don't give up. {{{HUGS}}}

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Edited by BeckyT (07/30/04 06:48 PM)

Re: What next? Need to vent... new
      #94689 - 07/30/04 06:59 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Hey Kelly -- I'm sorry to hear that your upcoming weekend doesn't look overly rosy. Just hang in there though. Hopefully this new round of tests will finally let doctors know how to treat your condition better so you can start feeling better.

We're all behind you in this.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4836 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review