All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
For those who have taken Citrucel tablets.. new
      #160215 - 03/13/05 08:25 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Did you find this to be true for you? What Heather's results with the citrucel caplets was? That they didn't do anything? I have switched from citrucel clear mix to the tablets today, but then saw this post. Now I'm not sure...

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I use them... new
      #160289 - 03/14/05 05:35 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I take a lot of them - enough to equal 12 - 14 grams of fiber per day. I just can't do the liquid (never tried Citrucel - I tried Acacia, Reliv...). It doesn't settle well in my tummy. This travels so well too. I am stable -- and doing very well. So it works for me. Fiber works so differently for different people though. (I know you hate that statement)

Does powder fiber absorb/work better than pills? new
      #160294 - 03/14/05 05:43 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I use a combo of both, but every time I take pills I feel like in my head that powder is better. Do the pills take longer to absorb or something? Seems like pills don't make me feel so bloated or something. I'm sure they obviously work though, right?

Re: Does powder fiber absorb/work better than pills? new
      #160296 - 03/14/05 05:46 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Check the amount of Sf in your pills (and make sure they don't contain sweeteners!) - often the pills have very little in them compared to a normal dose of powder. This could explain why the powder makes you bloated...everytime you switch to powder you could be upping your dose (and doing this too fast can cause bloating).

Re: A note about Citrucel tablets.. new
      #160317 - 03/14/05 07:19 AM
Augie

The thing about Heather's post that concerned me is that she named citrucel pills specifically. Not Fibercon pills, not metamucil, not equalactin. Just the Citrucel tablets. She said all the other "pills" were okay.

And not only for her, but for other people too. So, in this case, I thought maybe it wasn't that everyone is different, but that it was something about the citrucel tablets themselves that don't work.

--------------------
~ Beth

Yes, I do hate that statement! new
      #160319 - 03/14/05 07:24 AM
Augie

I hate it that there isn't one way or one product that works univerally. Would make life so much easier!

Thanks for your reply. Glad they work for you. But I posted my concern about citrucel tablets in specific below Heather's. She specifically names Citrucel tablets as not working for her and many others and even suggested that it may be this product that doesn't work, not the specific person. So, that is why I was concerned.

--------------------
~ Beth

Beth new
      #160326 - 03/14/05 07:34 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Heather said that the Citucel tablets don't work for some people so they're not a good one to start on. As you've been on Citrucel powder, you already know what effect SFSs have on you, so you'll be able to tell if the tablets don't work for you. Someone just starting on SFSs wouldn't be able to tell if they were working or not.

Angela E or Shell or others new
      #160403 - 03/14/05 11:16 AM
Augie

Do you guys use these citrucel caplets? Any feedback?

--------------------
~ Beth

I am using the Citrucel tablets in specific new
      #160455 - 03/14/05 01:22 PM
kshsmom

I take them three times a day. I just didn't like taking the Citrucel powder because I don't like drinking my fiber. I am taking the Citrucel tablets though. They don't have a lot of fiber in each pill - so you have to take a lot to get a lot of fiber -- but it also means it is pretty easy to gradually work up your dose.

I take 8 tablets 3 times per day. I now have two to three well formed bowel movements every day and no problems with gas or cramping unless I eat something bad. It works for me. However -- fiber is an individual thing - and I also take enzymes and a probiotic.

I guess I should add ~ new
      #160614 - 03/14/05 09:29 PM
kshsmom

Without fiber I was IBS-D and had no well formed BMs at all -- all of them were D. I also had severe D attacks nearly every day if not every day. The gas has mostly been helped by the probiotics -- and that took nearly a month - but it is now totally gone (FINALLY!!). However - I know the fiber is working and making a big difference. Diet, fiber, probiotics & enzymes. I would place them in that order.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4750 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3296

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review