All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!!! PMS and IBS
      #9456 - 05/20/03 07:45 AM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Is it true that PMS can cause a flare up of IBS? I've been doing so well till this week (PMS week) and am now having trouble. Are there any strategies for dealing with it? I have diahhrea prominent IBS and it's very embarrasing and frustrating having attacks as I'm sure many of you know. Can anyone help me?

Desperate for relief
Corinne

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help!!! PMS and IBS new
      #9459 - 05/20/03 08:21 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Yes it is very true. I normally do really well most of the month, but when I am on my period it really hits me. Which happens to be right now. I am very bloated. Really try to watch what you eat during that week. I sometimes have to eat just the essentials. I hope you feel better very soon.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#9463 - 05/20/03 09:17 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - this is really common for so many women, and so frustrating! There's a past thread with info here web page

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#9470 - 05/20/03 09:56 AM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Thank you I'll try that. I was planning on trying yoga anyway so I hope this will help. My main problem is right now I've had two attacks but my period is not due till next week. So hopefully it won't be too bad during it. I also have had a lot of stress lately with my son being in the hospital so I know that is likely part of the problem. Yoga should help with that as well. I hope.

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

#9471 - 05/20/03 10:00 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I usually don't get my trouble until the actual period week. If you have trouble then also, I'd highly recommend the ThermaCare or Playtex heat patches. I tried both over the last 2 times I had my period, and they both worked, although they each have their pros & cons.

But, I have to say they work wonders! I only had to take ibuprofen once in the morning and that was it! I used to have to take it at least 3x a day, plus the D flare ups lessened. It totally amazed me how well they worked...it's like a party in your pants!

#9570 - 05/21/03 03:50 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

I experience shocking pain and D when I get my period. I had D a lot, but it's always worse during that particular week. So much so that I get the sweats, shivers and all other good stuff (not!). Anyway, a hot water bottle helps at times. I try to rest at night - pamper myself a little (footspa). Ginger tea can help in soothing things.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 787

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review