Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ATTN. ConcreteAngel
      #9419 - 05/19/03 06:34 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Angela,
I tried e-mailing you several times today, but the e-mail wouldn't go through.
I'm sorry I haven't replied yet. Last week was so busy!!! We had a rummage sale over the weekend and sold lots of stuff, birthday party yesterday and a grill out all at my house. Today is catch up and relax day.:) With all of this going on I am still not feeling well.
I have been searching for the article for you and can not find it. First of all you need a new Doctor. Sometimes starting with a new Primary Doc can be a good first step. Your primary Doc. will have all of your records and can go over those with you. My primary Doc. did that for me and it was very helpful!! I do like my Gastro., but he is from the middle east and not always easy to understand.
Secondly, check the websites Ruchie gave you. They are full of great info. about Celiac Disease!!! Even though I do have a flatting in my intestine - my blood work and biopsy came back negative. An average of 90% of cases with flat villi indicate Celiac disease. The other 10% can be caused by allergies to chicken, eggs, milk, too much acid in the stomach (which is my case) or for a small % of people that is their structure. For the person who wrote for all cases of flatten villi indicates Celiac Disease is false information.
When the doctor biopsies the flat villi what he/she is looking for is if the top portion of the villi is flat. Maybe another way to write this is you can have shorter villi, but the top portion of the villi is flat. Does that make more sense? Two things that can make you at high risk are family history of Celiac disease and if you are from an Irish descent.
Hope this is helpful.
Barbara

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ATTN. ConcreteAngel new
      #9438 - 05/20/03 02:32 AM
ConcreteAngel

Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hi Barbra,

Sorry you had trouble with my E-mail. I had my aol account recently changed so I had to change my email. Anyway, thank you so much for this information on the villi thing. My flattened villi was probaly caused by too much acid, since i was diagnosed with acid reflux disease. The only thing is, my mother also has a flattened villi and she has no excess acid at all. Also, she has no problem eating fish, chicken or milk. I dont know whats goin' on with her.Maybe I'll find out on Friday (Her colonoscopy) Can the docs see a flattened villi in a colonscopy? Anyway, thanks for your care and your concern.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: ATTN. ConcreteAngel new
      #9443 - 05/20/03 04:49 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

I also tried e-mailing you...did you get it?

I don't think they can find anything in a colonoscopy related to Celiac. Sorry!

I saw my new GI yesterday...no help! (He actually works on the same floor as the other doc and I didn't realize it...he tried to pick up where the other doc left off...MAJOR dissapointment!) He told me I can't have Celiac because the anti-gliadin tests came back negative--HAH! (I'm not saying I DO have Celiac...but I do feel better without eating any gluten over the past 3 weeks).

Have you begun doing some research...did you decide to change your diet? We're here for you if you have questions, concerns, or just wanna vent frustrations....it is SO frustrating!

I hope you and your mom get to the bottom of this soon and feel better!

(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ruchie new
      #9454 - 05/20/03 07:38 AM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

I wrote Angela back on her personal e-mail, but I wrote to her maybe you need to fly to WI to see my Gastro. LOL
I even have a great primary doctor. I am so sorry that your experience has been bad.
Barbara

Re: ATTN. Ruchie new
      #9491 - 05/20/03 03:31 PM
ConcreteAngel

Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hey Ruchie,
no sorry i didnt get your email, but then my email was bugging out for a while there, but its fixed now Anyway, i see my doc next week, and i cant wait to ask her about celiacs/everything! I really want to get off this medicine im on, cause its doing nothing for me (well very little) also, my mom goes for her colonoscopy this friday, so itll be interesting to see how that one goes. As for the celiacs diet, unfortunately I cant do because i have to eat whatever my mom makes (no exeptions :P) Also, i think im gonna wait till i see my doc before i make any other drastic diet changes. I just battled a war with my weight, and now that im stable im afraid another diet change may turn things for the worse. Better safe than sorry i suppose...

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3776 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 584

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review