All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Daily bloating???
      #93912 - 07/28/04 12:55 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I was just wondering if anyone else seems to get bloated everyday. EVERYDAY at around 4 or 4:30pm it happens to me and its getting VERY uncomfortable. I eat dinner usually around 6 and its ruining it! Does this happen to anyone else? Is it what Im eating throughout the day or does this sort of thing just happen? Any rememdies or advice? Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Daily bloating??? new
      #93914 - 07/28/04 01:04 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

Have you tried keeping a food diary. Maybe that would help you pinpoint what is causing the bloating. Since it happens about the same time everyday it seems like it could be traced back to something. Could it be your vitamins or mints or gum you use? I use OTC Phazyme to help my bloating.

Barbie

--------------------

#93938 - 07/28/04 01:38 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

Yeah, I seem to have that happen too, especially during the week and 1/2 or so before my period. I gotta tell ya, since my other symptoms are more or less under control, I've gotten to the point where I just accept it.
Hm.
As I've always said, if it were a men's thing, there'd be telethons.
A daily walk of about half hour, forty-five minutes really helps, as does simethicone (as barbie indicates) and fennel tea. If you are able to, a hot pad directly on your belly, as hot as you can tolerate, is quite helpful too; in fact I apply a hot pad for about an hour at bedtime, because I've found that the heat is a good preventative measure. Plus it feels nice.
I've also found that small grazing-kind of "meals"... I hesitate to even call them meals, cause they're more like a handful of trail mix, a few crackers, a couple of carrots, an apple... you get the picture... really keep me from getting too uncomfortable and bloaty.
You can keep it under control and keep it from getting too uncomfortable.
Other than that, a little bit of acceptance goes a long way for me. Although these suggestions aren't new and innovative, I hope they're helpful.

#93953 - 07/28/04 02:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Unfortunately, bloating is common with IBS. It could be what you're eating, or just that your system is complaining at that time of day. Try this: brew 1 tsp fennel seeds in a mug of boiling water and drink it in the mid-afternoon or after your lunch. This may help ease the bloating.
I don't think I own a pair of pants that don't have an elastic waist. It's something that most of us suffer from at one time or another.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Ditto here new
      #93981 - 07/28/04 03:53 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

and fennel tea is a must everyday. My bloating is about 90% gone just from calming my digestive tract by being on the diet. The only bloating now is period or stress related. Right now I have stress bloating! but really it will get better. good luck!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#94036 - 07/28/04 06:11 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

I usually get it around the same time everyday myself. For me it is closer to the evening hours, except if I ate something I shouldn't have. In the evening, I usually go for some hot peppermint tea and a heating pad. That helps to calm me down and reduces the bloating. Also, I'll eat little snacks unless I have really bad bloating and pain.

Hope this helps

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1501

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review