All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hate to cook
      #93431 - 07/27/04 08:08 AM
rim

Reged: 07/19/04

Hey - I vaguely remember there being a list of safe foods for the 'hate to cook' on these boards, but I'm not finding it anywhere. Help?

I know everyone is different with what they can and cannot handle, but assuming that one has forgotten their lunch at work and needs to pick up something, what are the safest veggies to put on a chicken or turkey sandwich at the local deli?

Thanks in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hate to cook new
      #93434 - 07/27/04 08:27 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

For a chicken or turkey sandwich, I would suggest putting some lettuce and tomato on it and make sure you use fat free or low fat mayo (or you could just use mustard, or nothing at all).

I'm not sure where the "hate to cook" posts are. I don't mind cooking, but I'm really pressed for time during the week, so I'd be interested to see these posts too.

Good Luck!

#93437 - 07/27/04 08:55 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm not sure if this quick foods list is what you had in mind, but it's worth reviewing.

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#93458 - 07/27/04 09:28 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm not sure of a post that has a list like that, but there is kind of a list in Heathers book "IBS The First Year". It's more of a meal plan acutally. Good luck.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Honestly? new
      #93459 - 07/27/04 09:32 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

My #1 suggestion for anyone who hates to cook is to buy a crockpot. I have 2; they cost me $10 and $15, respectively, at Walmart. It's "cooking", but there is NOTHING easier: you toss some chicken in it, you throw some sauce over top, you leave it alone while you're at work, and voila - you have dinner when you come home. And there are a bazillion slow-cooker recipes for free online, 99% of which are really that simple.

Bonus? Only 1 pot to wash. (That's my favorite part!)

I know that's not what you're looking for, exactly, but I don't remember a thread about hating to cook... I'll see if I can find it. (I'm assuming you tried a board search already, right?)

#93470 - 07/27/04 09:57 AM
rim

Reged: 07/19/04

AH! Thank you - that has to be it!
I'd scanned the book online before purchasing it, and thought it was in both places.

As for the rest of the advice (thank you!) at the moment, I'm still in the early stages of moving veggies and fruits back into what is essentially an elimination diet. Taking everything on board, but first I have to do the work of figuring out my triggers, and you probably know how fun that can be.

I just wish that the veggies and fruits that are high in soluable fiber were not the ones most likely to make you bloated! Sometimes it's like all you can do is pick what type of pain you're going to be in on a certain day! *wry grin*

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 597

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review