All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Christine new
      #92366 - 07/22/04 02:57 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

ladies, i am only 26 so i probably don't have too great of info on hormones..however...when i was sick with IBS and did not yet find this IBS website,i did a lot of shopping on the TV because I rarely left my apartment. (HSN, home shopping network). anyway, a little gadget called "the finishing touch" is great for removing my facial hair, without hurting, you might should try it you may even have seen the infomercial. also on HSN, a guy named Andrew Lessman makes vitamins..he makes them additive free and i use his calcium and healthy hair, skin and nails.. and they don't hurt my stomach. I have not tried it personally,but he makes a PMS vitamin with soy isoflavens and my aunt uses it and says it helps her PMS....I can't try it because soy gives me migraines. You can go to HSN.com and do a search for those items (finishing touch and Andrew Lessman PMS)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sunscreens for the acne-prone new
      #92390 - 07/22/04 03:51 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just my suggestions, as someone who STILL can't have perfectly clear skin (at 29):

I've found that CG Smoothers work well on my face. It's an SPF 15 tinted moisturizer. I've been using it for a couple years now, and haven't had it cause any breakouts. It is oil-free. If you have a foundation you like, you can layer it right over it (added bonus: foundation, by nature, has a little bit of SPF to it, so you'll boost the 15 up a smidge).

For all-over - but I've found it's fine on my face, too (again, no breakouts) - I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock (SPF 30).

I am the sunscreen queen. I have a lot of tattoos to protect.

Don't panic, Doe! new
      #92409 - 07/22/04 06:11 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

You're definitely not stuck with it for life. If you stop the Estroven and quit the sun exposure, it will fade on its own. The fade cream from the doctor will just expedite that process.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: New pic Casey? :) new
      #92484 - 07/23/04 06:35 AM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

I like your pic! You keeping us on our toes and changing it up a bit!

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: Update on skin discoloration new
      #92487 - 07/23/04 06:39 AM
Wookie

I wanted to thank each of your for your help and suggestions! It was hard for me to get the nerve to post this topic because we females are supposed to be perfect! We are not allowed to grow facial hair or even fart! LOL! I went to the drug store last night and picked up some fade cream with sunscreen. I have stopped the estroven. And I found some neutragena face lotion that is oil free with SPF. I hope this regimin will put me on the road to recovery!! Thanks again! I will keep you guys posted!!

--------------------
~Wookie

Yup! :) new
      #92493 - 07/23/04 06:46 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I chopped off my hair... so it seemed like a good excuse to get camera-happy and get a new pic.

Glad you could find the sunscreen!

Re: I love it Casey! new
      #92497 - 07/23/04 07:00 AM
Wookie

I love short hair!! It is too cute! Not to mention, fun in the summer!

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: birth control and hormones questions new
      #92518 - 07/23/04 08:56 AM
Saralou

Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: Maryland

Hey Doe.

I have to say that although it could be the estroven causing the discoloration (because any type or hormone makes one's skin sun sensitive), if you have any added hair, it is generally because your body is not producing enough estrogen (this can happen if your BMI is too low). In any case, I highly recommend proactiv solution (I have been a happy consumer for 4 years now). Sunscreen is definitely key to preventing the spots/discoloration (even though we are tempted to tan the acne, it actually ends up making it worse). I also use a lightening lotion with 2% hydroquinone (sp?) proven to help discolorations due to acne, sun, age disappear.
Please don't ever hesitate to post your questions. It is only in doing so that you find out things you never knew. And it helps us too!

Good luck!

Re: Saralou me too!! new
      #92537 - 07/23/04 09:26 AM
Wookie

I have been a huge fan of proactive for the past 4 years too!! Last year, a generic came out and I don't remember the name although I use the product 2 times a day (morning and night). It is half the price of proactiv and has the exact same ingredients. My skin is clear but I have an occasional breakout on my forehead (thank God for bangs!) I live in Oklahoma and the summers here are blasting HOT! Plus, I have no a/c in my car. That is why my forehead is having trouble staying clear. So do you use the fade cream that proactiv makes?? I bought it and never used it and it got old and gunky so I threw it away last summer. I was using the proactiv lotion with spf for the past few years and recently ran out..and that is when this new trouble began. So I share your views!! Proactiv saved my self confidence when the acne hit me in my early 20s. I am an avid FAN!!!

--------------------
~Wookie

Re: Saralou me too!! new
      #92544 - 07/23/04 09:48 AM
Saralou

Reged: 10/18/03
Loc: Maryland

Awesome! Yeah, proactiv is the only thing that ever worked for me. It can get a bit pricey after a while, but, as I'm sure you know, there is nothing worse than having breakouts to minimize your self-confidence. If you can find another "lightening lotion" that is cheaper, by all means, get it. One thing to remember though is the ingredient: hydroquinone (sp?) at least 2%. And I am particularly careful about staying out of the sun when I have a facial attack (even if it's just driving in your car...wear a hat and block those UVs).

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6941 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review