All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Intros and a request for help
      #91555 - 07/19/04 01:38 PM
rim

Reged: 07/19/04

Hi all!

While I am trying to follow Heather's diet, I'm concerned that it doesn't fit in with my particular symptoms.

While I'm IBS-A, I don't tend to go to the bathroom numerous times during the day, even when I have D.

My main symptoms are abdominal pain, and painful bloating.

When I'm bloated, nothing seems to help, not GasX, not peppermint (am looking for fennel tea). So needless to say, I'm very cautious about the idea of adding in a soluble fiber supplement.

Worse, everything I have read about IBS with bloating says I should cut all starch *out* of my diet, not increase it!

So here's the question - is there anyone else out there who has had symptoms similar to mine and has found that Heather's diet works for them?

Many thanks in advance!
-r

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome to the boards new
      #91581 - 07/19/04 02:23 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

This is a good site for IBS help. I am IBS-D pretty much under control if I don't eat trigger foods or have too much stress. I really can't help you much with IBS-A. I do have a lot of gas & bloating and OTC Phazyme helps me. Some of the people on the board use yoga positions to help. Also, stay away from gas producing foods. If you keep a food diary sometimes that helps pinpoint the foods that might be causing the problems. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Intros and a request for help new
      #91629 - 07/19/04 06:59 PM
svaha39

Reged: 06/26/04
Loc: Wisconsin

Hey There!

I am new to this site as well and my symptoms are similar to your. Mainly I experience extreme bloating and gas. I don't seemt to have c or d type. I am very new to trying out different options. I have experimented going off of milk products and caffeine. I also took acidophylus and have been using a fiber supplement. Whatever has been the key, my bloatiness has gotten a LOT better. I am back on dairy and caffeine (slowly) and am trying to watch what happens. I found the best results with Altoids and straight fennel seeds. I think the increase in dietary fiber (I used fibercon) seemed to helping and my hunch is that the acidophylus got things back on track.

I hope this helps.

pete

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1847 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 747

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review