All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I agree with Jenx new
      #91437 - 07/19/04 05:40 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Kelly - I'm really worried now. Can you call your Dr. this morning (MONDAY) and INSIST that you see him/her today. Tell the nurse you were in emerg, and that you MUST see your Doc immediately.
The amount of pain you're in and the blood in the stool is NOT from IBS. There's something else going on.

Maybe your family Doc can call the GI and get you in sooner. Another thing you can do is call the GI's office and ask if there's any cancellations. Maybe if you explained the situation, they might try to get you in sooner. I have known people to call Drs every morning to see if there's been any cancellations for that day and if they could come in. Persistence sometimes pays off. Just an idea.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

To Hansolo new
      #91483 - 07/19/04 09:54 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for your concern. I actually did call the GI's office and she said that they "don't work like that" with regards to cancellations. I explained I was having a lot of difficulty and that I coudl literally come at a moment's notice, and she just said no.

I also *finally* got a referral for a second opinion with a different GI, but it's not until October 27th! What's with this system eh? I can't wait that long...so I guess I'm stuck with crappy GI who doesn't seem to like me.

BTW, I think I may have asked you this before, but since you live in SouthWestern Ontario, did you ever see any helpful GI's in London? Or know of any?

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly new
      #91490 - 07/19/04 10:17 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I feel really bad for you that there are not better doctors or hospitals in your area. ANY place that turns away someone with blood in their stool without testing should not be qualified to be a hospital.
At least you only have a little more to go until you can see the doctor, hopefully he won't drag out the tests you need done.
and I agree with every one else- I don't really condone the use of strong pain killers and such, but in your case I find it is appropriate, if not necessary. you may only need to be on it for a couple weeks until they figure things out, anyways. With as nervous as you are, you will definately be careful enough.
Good luck, and make sure you let us know how things are going!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: To Hansolo new
      #91624 - 07/19/04 05:44 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I just looked up on the St. Joe's website to see if any names came to mind and the only one I came up with is one to avoid: Belsheim. He's not one of the ones you're seeing is he?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Oh my god Hansolo help! new
      #91632 - 07/19/04 07:00 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Of course, it's Belsheim. I read your post and couldn't believe it, what are the odds eh? Why do you say he is one to avoid? Did you have a bad experience with him? Any info would be great...if you don't want to post on the boards you can email me at vicam7@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Kelly

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6350 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2137

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review