All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
What I eat on dates... new
      #89331 - 07/13/04 09:30 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

please don't mind me butting in here! My IBS developed while I was with my ex BF, so I didn't need to get through a cautious dating stage with him. My next BF I was already good friends with and he knew about my condition. This was before I started the IBS diet, though.
If he wanted to go out for coffee we would go, but I would eat a bagel and drink water.
Now, when he takes me out (or vice verse), we go to Japanese restaurants and get sushi. Just have to look out for rolls with cream cheese in them. And request a bowl of rice be brought out as your appetizer.I am not sure where you are from, but around me there are plenty of Chinese/ Japanese food places, incase your date my be alittle sushi-shy.
Definately only eat a small portion... even if you want more. Portioning is hard for me, I always want to gobble up my whole plate if it tastes good. Only eat half of your plate or even less. (another + about sushi- you could order just one roll- it's the perfect portion) And bring a chamomile tea bag with you, incase the restaurant doesn't have any.
This helps tremendously.
I never thought the day would come that I could go out to dinner FIRST and then a movie, but now I do all the time. Good luck on your dating... I know it was SOO hard hiding my gas from my BF, even though he knew all about my problem and even had an ex with IBS, it is still an embarassing situation!

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OMG, put him back under his rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -nt- new
      #89335 - 07/13/04 09:34 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Re: What I eat on dates... new
      #89394 - 07/13/04 11:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, Luckily, I'm married now so I can fart away!! LOL!!

But seriously, when you go out try baked chicken or fish, rice or baked potato, be careful with veggies. Fill up on bread before your meal and don't overeat!! Thats hard to do when I go out to dinner! I am good with past as well, just watch out for cheese, things with "red" sauce are usually safe for me!

Keep looking, you'll find the right person for you! That guy was so not the right person!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Dude new
      #89399 - 07/13/04 11:22 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Oh forget this dude. He's a loser. I try to be pretty safe when I go out on a date. Grilled chicken for the most part is a safe bet for me.

Getting back to this guy he forgets his wallet and then makes a scene because of this? Unbelieveable

--------------------

#89417 - 07/13/04 11:47 AM
starimpaler

Reged: 05/11/04

I know, I know. He was a weirdo. This is after I talked to him for about half an hour on how I sometimes feel like my colon is ready to explode. Oh well...as my grandma used to say, "you are not the chosen one....mwahahahaha."

What's wrong with farting anyways? It's not like it smells that bad.

#89430 - 07/13/04 12:04 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I was in the car with some friends of mine who have been together since the middle of highschool (they're 25 now). It was a hot day with no Air conditioning when the power windows all went up. Then the driver got a big smile on his face. apparently that's the game they'd play with each other whenever one farted

Although I don't plan on subjecting a potential date to any such torture, I agree, what's the big deal? Especially if you're polite about it, it really shouldn't be a big deal, yet some people make a huge deal out of it. Although, you don't necessarily want to do it on a first date.

And that date of yours just sounded like a totally knob. It's a good thing things didn't work out!

For date food, I haven't been on many recently, but generally I'm the same as most folks here. Try and go somewhere where you can get a nice easy chicken breast with rice and maybe a baked potato. Make sure you have some soluble fiber beforehand as well. If they are the chosen one (mwhahahaha ... haha sorry, I thought that was funny ) then they won't mind and they'll understand why you don't want to go out for ribs, pizza and beer.

Re: What I eat on dates... new
      #89553 - 07/13/04 04:34 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Quote:

Well, Luckily, I'm married now so I can fart away!! LOL!!

Now that is the attitude to have! Love it! Chuckle, chuckle!!

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#89616 - 07/13/04 08:41 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

Quote:

LOL...the food was just regular food for $50 a plate. He also "forgot" his wallet.

He probably burped at the table too. Loose and him and don't let him follow you home. Serious looser warning signs all over.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

Ribs, Pizza and Beer..... new
      #89739 - 07/14/04 07:51 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

oh my!!! *drool*

Re: Gas Pain....and Dating new
      #89941 - 07/14/04 12:08 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

If I don't get enough soluables in during my meal, or if I drink my water too fast the gass can really kick in! It is embarrasing for me. I have been known to go to the bathroom only to fart! With my husband, I say that I "toot" and he has been known to (jokingly) say that I "toot" more than anyone else he knows! It's just that with him, he hears it because I don't feel like I should have to go to the bathroom to fart when it's just me and him at home! My IBS developed about one year after we'd gotten married though - so it was something we both had to get used to! If a guy makes you feel bad, he's never the one for you. Hope you find the right one soon!
Min

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1451 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6128

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review