All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Soup and an Apple for Lunch with IBS-C???
      #87779 - 07/08/04 11:13 AM
Angel Love

Reged: 07/08/04
Loc: Tallahassee, Florida

This is my usual lunch menu....and not having read the book yet as Im new here, is this OK for me to be having for lunch or no?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soup and an Apple for Lunch with IBS-C??? new
      #87787 - 07/08/04 11:19 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

1st of all, what's in the soup??? 2nd, apples are good, but not safe with the skin on or raw when you're trying to stabilize. Take the skin off, add some soy margarine and brown suger and bake them for a little while to soften them up and make them safer to eat.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#87790 - 07/08/04 11:23 AM
Angel Love

The soup is regular Progressio chicken noodle. With regards to the apple, that seems like a ton of work. I just cut it up and gobble it down. I thought they were good for you in terms of fiber perhaps? And what do you mean by "safer" and "trying to stablize"? God, I feel so stupid asking all of these questions that are making me look like a total amaeture to this thing! Im sorry for that. Again, I guess I havent been taking this stuff that serious.

#87792 - 07/08/04 11:27 AM
RachelT

It's ok for you to ask questions, that's what we're here for. You really should read the stuff the Heather has posted though. Here, click on these links!! web page web page web page web page

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Edited by BeckyT (07/08/04 11:27 AM)

Too much work??? new
      #87795 - 07/08/04 11:29 AM
RachelT

It really isn't that bad, I just suggested that apple thing because that's what you were wondering about. There are lots of other alternatives.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Too much work??? new
      #87798 - 07/08/04 11:30 AM
Angel Love

Im sorry...I meant too much work in the sense of peeling it and putting stuff on it and baking it until its soft. But otherwise, is it OK to just eat it as it is...just straight apple?

#87800 - 07/08/04 11:33 AM
Angel Love

I just feel incredibly stupid asking so many questions! I have had this website on my list of favorites for about 6 months and have read and then read again all of the information provided in the links you gave me. Yet, it still all confuses me! I feel as though I need someone to hold my hand and tell me that it will be alright and to give me a step by step plan that I can use daily.

#87809 - 07/08/04 11:44 AM
RachelT

My advice...start that journal. Don't worry, I don't think you're stupid. The idea is to find out what works for you personally. If you can handle an apple as is, then by all means, eat it that way. However, if you find that you get the rumblies after eating it, change that habit. Using a journal will show you how you felt each time you ate something, and in turn you'll figure out what works. First things first, you need to stablilize. Eat ONLY soluble foods (oatmeal, applesauce, french bread, etc.) for a couple of days, and then experiment once you start feeling better. Insoluble fiber IS good for you, it can just cause bloating and gas, and C & D, when eaten alone. If you want that apple but you're afraid, eat some white bread first, and then eat the apple. Or, eat applesauce instead. Same rules apply to other fruits and especially raw veggies. Good to have, but only after you've eaten your soluble stuff. Are you taking Benefiber or some kind of SFS??

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

#87822 - 07/08/04 12:01 PM
Angel Love

I hope that by doing a journal of my eatting, something good will start to happen. Im not quite sure what stabilizing means and how to do that and why. Again, I guess I can refer to the information page ugh? This totally sucks! I was taking Benefiber for a couple of months to no avail. And what does SFS mean?

#87831 - 07/08/04 12:10 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Stabilizing = no C, no D, no pain and cramping - the blessed "regularity" that we've heard about in the past

SFS = soluble fiber supplement - you have to take the right amount and still get some insoluble fiber in there

You might want to look through all the sticky posts at the top - they would clear up a lot of your questions. Also, do you have Heather's books? They walk you through all of this in a more sequential manner than reading through the entire board...

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 720 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1503

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review