All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Soup and an Apple for Lunch with IBS-C??? new
      #87836 - 07/08/04 12:14 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I see one big missing thing here: soluble fiber! Could you maybe have a big slice of sourdough bread or a bagel with this?

My usual fall/winter lunch at work is instant soup with an apple, and I'm an IBS-C'er. That being said, the soup is often couscous & lentils (lots of soluble fiber), and I have a bagel and a banana for breakfast (ditto), and I have two heaping tablespoons of acacia a day (ditto again).

The tricky thing for IBS-C versus IBS-D is that the D'ers have to be really careful not to get too much insoluble fiber. We need to be careful not to get too little! I'm happiest if I get both insoluble fiber and soluble fiber with every meal.

--AC

p.s. And exercise is also key for keeping IBS-C under control, too!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#87848 - 07/08/04 12:27 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

I have IBS-C and I can eat raw apples with the skin if I chew well and have had something else to eat first, such as sourdough or french bread. Same with green salad - I eat it at the end of my meal instead of at the beginning, or at least have a roll or two first. Soup is one of the best things I can put in my tummy. My favorite is Vegetable Beef with Barley, although many people couldn't tolerate it because of the fat and beef. It's a matter of finding what you can tolerate and what you can't and it's all trial and error. You have to start by following Heathers diet and then adding things in a little at a time. My biggest triggers that cause the worst pain is anything deep fat fried or loaded with carbs and fat and no fiber (packaged cookies, donuts, etc).

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

#87925 - 07/08/04 02:21 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hi Angel Love! I hope I didn't sound crabby earlier. I have PMS really bad right now, and I'm late getting my period. I also hope that I was able to help you out. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions. I promise, it will get easier, just try to be patient. Feel better soon!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#87954 - 07/08/04 03:54 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Back to your original question, make it applesauce instead of an apple and add a small bun or slice of white bread and you've got a great IBS meal.
Don't feel bad about asking questions! It took me months to puzzle it all out. There's tons of info on this website. Read it through and ask as you go. We're here to help and give you support. So let us! Ask your questions! As Dr Frasier Crane would say.
"I;m listening."

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1616 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1547

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review