All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
OK Foods to eat with IBS C....
      #87740 - 07/08/04 10:15 AM
Angel Love

Reged: 07/08/04
Loc: Tallahassee, Florida

Without having read Heather's book yet...are Tropical Smoothies and salads out of the question? What about sandwiches such as Subway? I guess I have not taken "inventory" of what really makes me stopped up. Appears everything I eat does, however. Grrrrr.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: OK Foods to eat with IBS C.... new
      #87742 - 07/08/04 10:20 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi! What's in the tropical smoothies? If there's no dairy, you should be okay. You want to have some soluble though. I usually use a banana for soluble or some toast or something as a cushion for the insobluble fiber. Same with the salad - you want it toward the end of a safe meal, so you have your cushion.

As for Subway, I never eat there, but I know others do. They'll probably have good recommendations for ya.

Dairy??? new
      #87743 - 07/08/04 10:23 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Dairy is most possitively one thing I CAN'T have. Not only does it cause C for me, but I get terrible stomach aches from it! Have you started a journal yet?? Things I notice to be ok...rice (as long as it doesn't have lemon on it), potatoes (any kind w/o dairy) & oatmeal.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Edited by BeckyT (07/08/04 10:25 AM)

Re: Dairy??? new
      #87747 - 07/08/04 10:26 AM
Angel Love

Well, the only dairy that I enjoy is cheese. Too much probably which is a very bad thing. Im not a milk fan. Any suggestions of what else you are able to eat?

#87749 - 07/08/04 10:28 AM
Angel Love

I do not believe there is any dairy in the smoothies that I like. However, one I get most often, I think, has a bit of yogurt in it. With regards to salads, what do you mean by wanting it toward the end of a safe meal?

#87756 - 07/08/04 10:36 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

You need to start from square one!!! Read up on the links at the left of the page, and Heather's posts at the beginning of this board. That will help you to understand a little more of the "lingo" here. To answer your question (I hope you don't mind Mags2003) a safe meal is one that consists of soluble fiber. It's not safe to eat insoluble fiber unless you have soluble fiber first.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Please read all through the "IBS Diet & Recipes" section new
      #87810 - 07/08/04 11:45 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

just look to the left of your page and click there. That will give you tons of safe foods, trigger foods, and HOW to eat, not just what to eat.

Welcome!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2450 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 650

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review