All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Frustrated and Bloated in Tallahassee
      #87735 - 07/08/04 10:08 AM
Angel Love

Reged: 07/08/04
Loc: Tallahassee, Florida

I am new to this board and want to say hi. I can not stand having this crazy disease! I first started having symptoms in December 2003. Nothing is helping with the horrible bloating and wanting to just give up! I know I have gained weight as I can feel it. Please help! There is so much information on this site, while helpful, Im confused as what to do first. I started taking Zelnorm and for a while it worked but now Im back to my not making "poo poos" for days! Any suggestions as to a simple diet plan and in simple english that all can understand? Thanks so much!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Frustrated and Bloated in Tallahassee new
      #87736 - 07/08/04 10:12 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hi and Welcome!! First of all check out Heathers message at the beginning of this message board. It will help alot! Also read Heather's book. Take care and if there is more ?'s just ask. Sue

#87752 - 07/08/04 10:32 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Welcome Angel Love!!! I am also a C, and have been noticing a change since starting this diet. It's only been a week, but I'm very quickly learning my do's and don'ts. You really should consider investing in Heather's books. Very helpful. Any questions you ever have, I can tell you that you will get a wide variety of responses. (all more than likely helpful) Don't give up!! I promise things will get better. just keep your chin up! Glad you joined the gang!! Feel better soon!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#87758 - 07/08/04 10:38 AM
Angel Love

Reged: 07/08/04
Loc: Tallahassee, Florida

Thanks.... well tell me this...what have you found, personally, that is a do or a dont? I guess I havent been taking this crap very seriously and just decided to live with it. My doctor also told me to take Perdiem, some overnight stimulant thingy. What cha think about that? Also, with regard to her books...is there anyway to obtain parts of it or something without having to buy it? Cheap I know but I live paycheck to paycheck and am very strapped in my spending.

#87764 - 07/08/04 10:49 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Do's: Applesauce, plain french bread, potatoes (love em), rice, pasta, chicken, oatmeal, chamomile tea and lots of it.
Dont's: Food with a lot of fats like red meats (brats, hamburgers, pork), egg yolks, egg whites don't work for me either, but egg beaters seems to be ok, french fries (my biggest downfall)
Here's a link for on of the books you should obtain (they're also sold at book stores).web page

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#87867 - 07/08/04 01:13 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Sorry you are having problems, but glad that you are joining in discussion on the boards. I'd recommend just reading everything you can on the message boards---and then asking questions. We all just learn from each other! Welcome!

#87904 - 07/08/04 01:58 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome Angel Love. Actually a lot of the info in the books is here on the website also. Click on Home over to the left and start reading!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#87957 - 07/08/04 04:04 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome to the boards! First of all, go to the grocery store and buy yourself FENNEL seeds (in the spice section). Brew a cup of boiling hot water. Lightly chop up about a teaspoon of fennel seeds - just to break them up a bit (or use a mortar and pestle). Put ina tea strainer and into a mug of boiling water. Fennel is GREAT for bloating. Next step: peppermint tea. It's a wonder drug. Buy dried peppermint leaves eithe ron this website or at a bulk store. Brew in boiling water.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3028 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 956

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review