All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
bad timing
      #8632 - 05/08/03 12:41 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hAS anyone haqd problems taking a supplement before or after something that didn't agree with them? This morning I had a full stomach so I thought I would try some organic cornflakes again. it didn't hurt my stomach at the time,signal #1, or make me go,signal #2. Just to make sure I had some rice porridge afterward and a bit later my supplement. By close to lunchtime my stomach was really hurting and I figured it couldn't be the supplement because I had it before and it didn't bother me then. iT HAD TO be the cornflakes.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: bad timing new
      #8663 - 05/08/03 03:46 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

Was it maybe hurting because of eating on a full stomache? Not so much that you ate cornflakes, or rice porridge, but the layering effect? Or perhaps, you are sensitive to corn, sometimes it is hard for people to digest corn/corn products. BTW, What kind of supplements? I think that as long as you take a supplement with something in your belly, that is fine, unless of course it's a powerful supplement that can cause varied reactions.
Good Luck

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Re: bad timing new
      #8683 - 05/08/03 11:41 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi KRIS; It waqs a different feeling than when I have a full stomach, when I eat too much and I get really full, my stomach gets really tight and then I know I had too much. This time, though, my stomach was really sore and I couldn't wait to eat. The supplements was metamucil which I am still trying to get used to. I think that some foods (cereals in particular) are too light for me to have. That is the feeling I get.I normally do have it after I eat as well.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 234 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 386

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review