All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm back
      #8507 - 05/07/03 05:00 PM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I'm back from vacation. The flight went ok, no problems. The drive to our hotel (1.5 hours from the airport) went ok with no problems. The first full day was great, only we didn't do much. Then yesterday, we went out and about and came to eat lunch (turkey sandwich) and bam problems. That continued for the next couple of hours. We weren't supposed to come home until Friday morning, but after the 4th trip to the bathroom, I was crying and told hubby I just wanted to go home. So he suggested we head home early, it didn't bother him one bit. So for the first time in two days I quit stressing over my stomach. He gets really worried about me, because I get so upset when it won't stop.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm back new
      #8511 - 05/07/03 05:11 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Laurie, Im sorry that you had to go home early but im glad your back and overall had a good time. Welcome back, you were well missed

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#8513 - 05/07/03 05:18 PM
Laurie

Thanks! I am thinking of making a doctor's appointment. I haven't decided if I should call my GI, my GP (who is now not in my insurance), or my parents' internist (who is in our insurance). My GI never wants to talk, my GP talks but doesn't listen, and the new guy I dunno. I'm just so frustrated because I've been breaking the cycle for a week (with no luck) and I'm still thinking about my IBS every waking moment.

--------------------
Laurie

#8543 - 05/07/03 10:27 PM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

So sorry your having such a tough time.
Paintlady

#8569 - 05/08/03 07:21 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Isn't it strange how we are super sick. Then as soon as our spouse mutters the words "Let's go home!" Suddenly we feel better.

I was like that. If we were at someone's house, after the meal I would sit there and stress about getting "D" until my husband would say Let's go. Then I would feel better because I knew I would home in a few minutes and be able to have "D" in peace.

I have found that to make myself feel better I do the following things:
1) If in a restuarant - just tell yourself If I get "D" I will not feel embarrassed about using the public restroom

2) If I am at someones house and they serve something I am unsure of: I just admit to them what I have and that I may get sick from it. They understand.

Even by just telling myself these things and the host these things, I have found put me more at ease and most times I can make it through the evening without agonizing over it!

I totally understand what you are saying though. You are lucky to have a wonderfully understanding husband. My husband sounds the same as yours....he is very understanding and even goes to the point to remind me to have snacks and plan meals for me! He's quite a catch, I know LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#8597 - 05/08/03 09:38 AM
Laurie

Luckily, just about everyone we know knows I have IBS so they usually try to at least make a dish for me. Most of the houses we go to are in our neighborhood (yay!). Unfortunately I haven't eaten in a restuarant since November, where I had to get up 3 times during the meal. Hubby is very supportive and understanding. I can tell sometimes he hates that it limits what we do together, but he tries. He is definitely supportive over the diet. I tell him all the time how lucky I am to have him.

--------------------
Laurie

#8602 - 05/08/03 09:45 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Laurie - Although I'm always happy to see you on the boards, I'm sorry you had to cut your trip short. At least you had a good first day! That's great your hubby is so understanding. My boyfriend is the same. Aren't we (and Lana Marie ) so lucky to have a great partner that looks out for us!

Hope you're feeling better now that you're home. Have you decided which doc to call yet? Not positive, but it sounds like you may be stressing and causing attacks, since you can't stop thinking about it. I don't know, what do you think? If so, those tapes are really gonna help! I can't wait till you get them.

#8606 - 05/08/03 09:59 AM
Laurie

No, I haven't decided which doc to call yet. I do think that most of my attacks are triggered by my brain. After we decided to head home early, my stomach felt like it was full of boiling acid. It would stop and it was stressing me out more, so I remembered I brought a walkman and one of my mom's weight loss hypnosis tapes and I listened to it. It felt like a great weight and been lifted off my stomach and shoulders. It really helped me with the long drive to the airport and the 3 hour flight home, that and the Immodium. I know the IBS hypnosis tapes are going to help a great deal.

--------------------
Laurie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6356 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 717

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review