All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Switched Doctors
      #8386 - 05/06/03 02:35 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hey everyone! Today I went to a new doc--just primary, not GI--and it went great! I told him about my IBS (which I had all my test results sent over ahead of time) and he asked what I was doing for it. I told him fiber supplements, and then I said, "And I'm following the Eating for IBS Diet by Heather Van Vorous." And he actually heard of it! AND, he actually said he had patients that had good results with it! Isn't that so cool! Not that I don't consider all of you real, but it was just nice to hear a real live person say it out loud! LOL

And, even more good news. He checked my results from my echo last fall, and he didn't think I needed to take antibiotics for dental work. He actually got up right then and called over to the cardiologist and double checked. (I had never met with the cardiologist. My previous primary just had me take the echo and have the results sent back to him, where he gave me the diagnosis and told me I had to take antibiotics for dental). So two weeks ago when I went to the dentist, and I was all worried about taking the antibiotic and having an attack--it was all for NOTHING!! Oh well--at least I made it through that experience with the extra added stress--it was proof (at least to me) that I'm getting better. Might as well get SOMETHING good from the improper diagnosis.

I really like this new doc. I'm so glad I switched. Added bonus: none of the office/nurse-type people in there were rude. A great new doc & nice people--I must be dreaming! LOL

Oh well. Thanks for "listening". Just had to get that out!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Switched Doctors new
      #8389 - 05/06/03 03:16 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

That is so wonderful!

I know what you mean about being happy someone had heard of Heather's book! I get the same excitement when someone asks me why I can't eat something and I tell them because I have IBS and they have actually heard of it!

It is so wonderful to hear from someone else that it isn't all in your head, you aren't alone etc.

I am glad to hear things are going well for you, Mags2003.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#8390 - 05/06/03 03:16 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Mags,
thats really great that you have a respectable doctor who'll listen to you and understand. I think I would love my doc to if i ever got to see her! Everytime I try to call her, she always seems to be too busy. I have a steady appt with her at the end of May,though. Hopefully she can help me then.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#8397 - 05/06/03 04:08 PM
*Melissa*

I hope she helps you too. I know it's harder for you, and you just can't up and switch docs if you need to.

That's another thing I liked about this doc. He listened, and wasn't in a hurry to get out the door. I thought that was a good sign that he took the time to make the call to the cardiologist right in the middle of my visit. I've never heard of a doctor doing such a thing!

Keep us posted on your May appt. Good luck!

#8399 - 05/06/03 04:22 PM
*Melissa*

Thanks! I know what you mean. You know, the more I hear other people saying they have or know someone who has it, the more it seems so common to me. Because of that, I find I feel more comfortable talking about it to other people--not so embarrased.

#8455 - 05/07/03 10:06 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That is great Mags.!! I switched primary doctors last October and he spent an hour with me! He adjusted my medication dosages and when I have problems I call him and he returns my calls. He was the first doctor to tell me to change my diet and journal what I eat. Every three months I have follow up visits until he feels I am stable.
Barbara

#8456 - 05/07/03 10:09 AM
*Melissa*

Barbara - I'm so happy you have a great doc too! Hold on to him--they seem to be rare!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 777 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 949

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review