All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight Watchers and IBS Diet - SharonMello help!
      #8279 - 05/05/03 12:37 PM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

Just a few quesdtions re WW and the IBS diet. I have been following Heather's IBS diet for several weeks now and I have to admit - I feel better! YEAH! My questions pertains to counting WW points and using all these carbs and stuff. I've never been a carb counter (I just could never give them up no way no how!). I think I just need the reassurance that if I continue counting my points (even though I'm eating the IBS way) AND exercise - I will continue to lose weight. I've lost 22 pouns-11 inches (it's taken me about four months) and I don't want to get off track.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight Watchers and IBS Diet - SharonMello help! new
      #8280 - 05/05/03 12:49 PM
BarbBT

Reged: 04/05/03
Loc: Chicago suburb, IL

Hi,
I'm not Sharon (!), but I am a Weight Watcher! I'm under goal and have maintained my weight for more than a year. I think I have an answer for you:

As long as you continue to count points, you should be able to lose weight without a problem. If you look at your booklet from Week 6, called "The Right Mix," it specifically deals with people who prefer protein, carbs, or a balance of the two. On page 10/11 there is a chart that specifices the point ranges for the various categories.

So you should be fine with eating the carbs from the IBS diet...just don't forget to count the points!

Barb

Re: Weight Watchers and IBS Diet - SharonMello help! new
      #8287 - 05/05/03 01:41 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Barb's post is right on target. Just count your points and don't worry about carbs. If you're expending more calories than you're intaking, you'll continue to lose weight.

You might use the search button to look for past WW posts - Sharon has had some really detailed information for folks previously that would be helpful for you.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 352 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review