All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
IBS chewable tablets and Equalactin tablets
      #81828 - 06/22/04 07:24 AM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

I've just bought these 2 boxes of tablets. Someone please help me to determine if I need these? Everything with my stomach seems to be going along ok with Heather's recipes, diet ,etc. I ordered these pills and just got them in the mail yesterday. Should I take them now or just wait until I have an IBS-D attack?? What is everyones opinion on this?

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS chewable tablets and Equalactin tablets new
      #81882 - 06/22/04 09:35 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I like to take one or two if my stomach is feeling iffy (from stress or whatever), or if I'm going to eat a meal that might not perfectly meet IBS guidelines.

So are you taking a SFS? That's all this is.

--AC

Re: IBS chewable tablets and Equalactin tablets new
      #81885 - 06/22/04 09:38 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

What I usually do when trying something new, is go ahead and try one tablet when nothing's wrong so I can sort out how the tablet makes me feel and how it works. Then when I need one I know what to expect.

Bevrs, our resident Equalactin expert, I think takes them whenever she feels iffy, just like AC said.

Good luck and let us know how they work for you, okay?

Thanks

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Well... new
      #81886 - 06/22/04 09:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm not at all familiar with the IBS chewable tablets, so I can't help you there. I'm really not all that familiar with Equalactin, either - Bevrs is the resident expert on that - but to my understanding, it's a soluble fiber supplement of sorts. A lot of us (if not most of us) take the SFS on a daily basis, several times a day... it helps during attacks, but it also helps *prevent* attacks. See the information on SFS's here.

Are you taking any other soluble fiber supplement? Metamucil, Citrucel, etc?

Re: Well... new
      #81891 - 06/22/04 09:48 AM
mspaschal259

I take citrucel clear everynight, a big scoop. Also i'm on donnatel pills , and Cholestryamine powder every morning and night. Also i take Gas-X at night and now also 1 peppermint pill of Heather's. Heather's diet has been my greatest new habit.. To have a web sight and cookbook has been great for me. I just heard people talk about these equalctin and IBS tablets on here. So I ordered them and was curious as to whether I should try them yet. Thanks , Marilyn

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

In that case... new
      #81895 - 06/22/04 09:55 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Cool, you're already doing the SFS thing. I thought I remembered you mentioning Citrucel once before, but I have a head like a sieve, so... there ya go.

In that case, I'd do what the others have recommended, and reach for the Equalactin as extra protection, as it were, when you're feeling a little "iffy".

Still not sure about those other ones, though. What are they? What's in them? I'm curious.

"head like a sieve"--- i say that all the time! :) -nt- new
      #81964 - 06/22/04 11:55 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

er... new
      #81965 - 06/22/04 11:57 AM
jenX

i thought you were asking about 2 different things? are you?

as for the Equalactin, i take 'em as needed either as i start to feel ookie or before a meal if i'm out and i'm not sure how "safe" it is. i also take them sometimes when i've got an empty stomach and am not around food- just to keep a little soluble fiber in the tummy.

does that help?

--------------------

Re: er... new
      #82101 - 06/22/04 08:32 PM
mspaschal259

Yes, I am talking about 2 different pills. One is Equalactin (relieves irritable bowel symptoms ) and the other is "For The Dietary Management of IBS," it says it's for 24 hour relief, one tablet daily by Digestive Advantage , 32 chewable tablets. I found both of these from a web sight that was suggested here on this board. Thanks, Marilyn

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

#82103 - 06/22/04 08:38 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

Hmm, well about the Equalactin. It's really no different than other soluble fiber supplements like metamucil, benefiber and the one you're already taking - citrucel. The "relief of irritable bowel symptoms" is because it is soluble fiber, and as we know soluble fiber is supposed to help our ibs symptoms.
So I would say just stick to the citrucel and if you feel rumbly all of a sudden, take some equalactin for extra measure and also take it if you are going to go say to someones house or a restaurant for dinner where you're not 100% sure you'll be able to tolerate the food.
Does that help?!

#82113 - 06/22/04 09:01 PM
mspaschal259

Yes thanks alot..

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

but what's IN it? does it say on the label? if not, toss 'em anyway! -nt- new
      #82153 - 06/23/04 05:07 AM
jenX

--------------------

Digestive Advantage new
      #83762 - 06/27/04 02:37 PM
ctownibs

Reged: 06/13/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Dear Marilyn,
I saw your post about the Digestive Advantage Pills and I was wondering how you like them and if you saw a big difference or any difference after you began to take them with your IBS. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sincerely,
Amanda

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3407

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review