All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
abdominal pain
      #80407 - 06/17/04 10:50 AM
twns

Reged: 06/16/04

Hi, Does anybody get abdominal pain with these attacks? I get very bad pain right where my ribcage separates. The last one I had was a couple nights ago it lasted almost 3 hours and the pain was so sharp I was having trouble breathing and in the morning I had broken blood vessels in my eyes. I used to get these attacks a lot and had my gallbladder removed in 2002. Anyone suffer from this and what helps?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: abdominal pain new
      #80602 - 06/17/04 06:10 PM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

I get that. I also had my gallbladder removed. It didn't
help. I take the peppermint caps in the morning and early evening. I also drink lots of peppermint tea, good and strong. When I have the really bad attacks that feel like the worst laber pains on earth, I have to resort to Vicodin.
It works.
Hope this is of some help.
Leslie

Re: abdominal pain new
      #80605 - 06/17/04 06:22 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Sounds like it could be GERD (Gastro Esophagal Reflux Disease, basically a new name for severe heartburn and indigestion). A lot of us get abdominal pain so it could just be part of your IBS. But some of us also have GERD and things like tomato, citrus, etc give us horrible sharp pains like heartburn only pitchforks!!

What helps me is an antacid like Mylanta and oddly enough a heating pad. There's also OTC stuff for GERD. You might want to do a search of the site for more info.

Welcome to the board!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review