All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Diet is working (yeah!) but still have some questions.
      #79583 - 06/15/04 03:44 PM
MonikaK35

Reged: 05/31/04

I gotta tell you guys, this diet is making me feel great. It took about 5 days to begin working and for my headaches to go away, but now my stomach is flat, with mostly no bloating, I've been kind of regular (a miracle for me) and I generally feel better. Thank you Heather and everyone who's responded to me in the past.

I have experienced a couple of not-so-good things, which I'm curious about. I'm taking the acacia powder twice a day before meals and the peppermint oil caps twice a day between meals. I still have crazy gas! I take Beano before a meal with veggies, but it just doesn't work. I had some cherries after bread the other day and ended up getting severe bloating & gas pains. Also, the other night after some soy pizza, I had a small spinach salad and ended up in the bathroom for 3 hours with a D attack (unusual for me).

Should I totally stay away from raw fruits and veggies? Should I only eat cooked ones? Is there something else I should take?

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Diet is working (yeah!) but still have some questions. new
      #79587 - 06/15/04 03:47 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Raw veggies are a no-no for many people. I can only tolerate teeny amounts VERY rarely. With fruit, you have to find the ones that you can tolerate best. Bananas, mango and papaya are good. Peeled apple should be fine.

Btw, how much Acacia are you taking? Have you slowly worked up to that amount?

#79590 - 06/15/04 03:50 PM
MonikaK35

Right. The mushy fruits seem to be okay. I will stick to those. I'm gonna miss my cherries, though!

I've only been on the Acacia for 1 week and take 1 measuring tsp. when I wake up and 1 tsp. before dinner. I'm following Heather's advice to start with that. Is that too much?

#79598 - 06/15/04 03:56 PM
Linz

No that dose is fine to start, but it might still have given you a bit of bloating. I'd stick at that for another week or two before thinking of increasing the dose. Your body should get used to it with a little time. It's worth it, believe me!

Btw, my doc put me on a high dose of SFSs straight away and I looked preggers!

#79600 - 06/15/04 03:58 PM
MonikaK35

Lord knows I understand about looking pregnant! Well, thanks for responding.. I will stick to what I'm doing and be patient.

*m

#79602 - 06/15/04 03:59 PM
Linz

Yeah, stick at it! It takes a while for it all to really take effect. Took me a few months, but now I'm usually fine IBS-wise.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1569 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 874

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review