Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help Remebering the name of a drug...
      #78678 - 06/13/04 05:31 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Ok, I'll be back to the doctor this week, and presuming the colonoscopy results are negative (which a receptionist has already eluded to), I'm back to square one waiting 2-3 months for another GI who will be willing to look at my funny gallbladder ultrasound.

So, I need to ask for something that'll hopefully help me even a little, because I'm missing way too much work due to D, pain and nauseau and the pills I currently have aren't cutting it.

I remember someone mentioning something on here (I think) about a drug that contained an anti-anxiety agent (Xanax maybe) and either a painkiller or anti-spasmodic. I think it started with an L. Does anyone know what that is?

Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for drugs to try? My doc isn't very helpful in that department, he gave my buscaban and lomotil but hasn't come up with much else, so I pretty much have to suggest them myself.

Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Probably Librax new
      #78708 - 06/13/04 06:33 PM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

It can help cut hte anxiety, pain and rumbly feeling- I take it about 30-60 min before eating.

Drugs new
      #78710 - 06/13/04 06:36 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have you tried taking Immodium daily as a D-preventative?

What are you on SFS-wise? Maybe you need to change if it isn't helping.

Re: Drugs new
      #78739 - 06/13/04 07:30 PM
Vicam

Hey Linz,

I haven't tried Immodium daily yet, because I'm IBS-A, and although I've been predominantly D lately, I find even one dose can swing me real quick over to C. Plus, I don't have a definitive IBS diagnosis yet, still awaiting some test results, and there's a good possibility I may have something wrong with my gallbladder which could be causing the symptoms. I'm just trying to treat the symptoms as best as possible because it's taking a LONG time for the doctors to get me sorted out

As for SFS, I've been taking Acacia although I really don't know if it's helping. I tried Metamucil as well but that gave me bad bloating and gas, and other than that, there aren't many options here. The only other SFS I've found in Canada is a pill form, and didn't appear to have enough to make it worthwhile.

Kelly

Thanks Evan, I think that was it! -nt new
      #78740 - 06/13/04 07:31 PM
Vicam

Re: Thanks Evan, I think that was it! -nt new
      #78749 - 06/13/04 07:38 PM
lilbit

Reged: 06/12/04

I am on levsin, but that might not be it, it doesn't take care of anxiety but it is an antispasmo...whatever and helps with the D.

#78760 - 06/13/04 07:55 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ask your doctor about Immodium in liquid form - it's so that you can take a TINY dose. I've done loads of posts on this tonight - do a search on the last days posts and have a read through.

What dosage of Acacia are you on?

#78763 - 06/13/04 07:58 PM
Vicam

Hey Linz,

I've been gradually inreasing, I'm only at about 1 and a half teaspoons daily...not very high but I've found in the past with SFS I have to go very slowly.

I'll ask about the liquid immodium, it's worth a try, I still need to find something for the pain though. I find even with immodium I can sometimes stop the D but still have horrible cramping. Any suggestions?

Kelly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4900 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 876

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review