All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Equalactin
      #7821 - 04/29/03 10:42 AM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

I started buying Equalactin for my fiber supplement (it seems to have basically the same ingredients as Fiber Con but hasn't given me gassy feelings). My problem is - it was $4.49 for 24 chewable tablets. The box recommends that you take two tablets four times a day. This means my box will only last me 6 days. Thats @ $30 a month on FIBER! Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Equalactin new
      #7863 - 04/29/03 04:01 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have you tried the Fibercon and it made you gassy? If not, you can get Fibercon at a wholesale place (Costco's/Sam's). I've also seen Citrucel & Benefiber at Sam's. Unfortunately I haven't seen Equalactin. Have you tried Citrucel or Benefiber? Maybe you can buy them in bulk?

I started taking Benefiber this past weekend so I can get it at Sam's. I bought a small bottle first, and so far I'm not having any problems, so now I can get the big container at Sam's for cheaper than the little bottles at the stores.

Hope this helps give you some ideas!

#7915 - 04/30/03 05:28 AM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

Thanks for the reply. I have tried Benefiber and the first couple of days was OK but after that I was very gassy and I was only taking a teaspoon in the am. I had to stop that one and try something new. I actually did an internet search and found a company that sells Equalactin as well as other supplements - drugstore.com - for considerably less than the stores. Thanks again. Hope you're feeling well today !

#7977 - 04/30/03 03:02 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hI; i KNOW THAT 30 BUCKS A MONTH SOUNDS EXPENSIVE, BUT i don't think you can put a price on good health,especially if it is worth it, ie; the med works. It is nothing compared to what I have to pay my paxil each month. 60 bucks! our new healthcare plan should soon be picking up gthe tab for that soon, though. yeahh!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 433 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1159

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review