Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
water...timing and temperature
      #76282 - 06/04/04 12:56 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi all.
I know that we need to drink alot of water and I always try to do that, but I'm having a problem and hoping someone may know about this. I often have lots of problems with gas after meals, especially dinner which is when I drink the most water. I've seen different advice on when you should drink your water (how long after you ate) and what the temperature should be (maybe not so cold). Could cold water with meals be causing the gas? Let me know of any advice!!
Thanks as always!
Min

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: water...timing and temperature new
      #76285 - 06/04/04 01:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Personally, I have to drink cool- to room-temperature water (never cold), and I have to drink it in small sips, or I end up bloated, gassy and heartburn'd. I do drink it towards the end of my meals, and immediately afterwards, that doesn't seem to have much of an effect on me... I don't have a *huge* problem with gas, though, so maybe someone else will be more helpful.

#76289 - 06/04/04 01:14 PM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

i have the same problem lately and for that reason i dont drink enough of it! hmm sorry i dont have the answer

#76348 - 06/04/04 06:33 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I can't seem to get any real control over my own gas problems. Usually gas starts up after I eat and I think it's just "things" moving around my tummy and the food I'm eating has jump started things including gas. I just do my best to avoid dairy, carbonation and any veggies that will trigger it. And taking Gas X when I need to seems to help. It's most embarrassing when you are gassy and around other people with no place to releave yourself! Ugh...

P.S. I never found drinking lots of water made gas worse or made it better. But drinking more water has helped my stomach in general just not the gas. And I usually drink room temp water.

#76359 - 06/04/04 06:52 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Mindy, I think gas is much more likely to be caused by what you're eating than by drinking water. Are you avoiding all the gas producing foods? Heather has a list here somewhere.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3045 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 555

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review