All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: *grumble* So much for a new day.. new
      #76728 - 06/07/04 05:01 AM
kates

Reged: 06/07/04
Loc: London

Hi - Congrats on the new job. I have an hour's commmute to work and to get me through it I have made a 'mental' map of all the toilets en route - from picking the right train in the morning (ie those with loo's), the stations which have facilities (Always carry 20p coin in case they charge you)and any public toilets which aren't too unsanitary! I find even if I don't use any of them every day, knowing they are there helps a lot.

I am more D than C and find my attacks in the morning the hardest to deal with. I have started taking Immodium Plus for the bad days, combined with Fybogel twice a day. I always carry plain rice cakes with me or a bread roll in my bag as I get terrible cramps if i go to far between meals. (Little and often helps these pains). I have also started taking the Homeopathic medicine 'Nux Vom' which I have found helps me calm the nervous tummy ache I often get before I get on a train or when I'm entering a situation that I am not in control of. I don't know if this would work for everyone, but it helps me.

I'm not stable every day and I do avoid social situations, but I did find telling my work colleauges about it really helped. If I am having a bad day they know to leave me alone!! Plus I don't have to make up excuses anymore not to go out with them when I am having one of those days!

I don't know if any of this helps you but I'm sure once you get into the routine of going to your new job, things will stabilse a bit for you. I hope it all goes well for you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yay Steph!!!! new
      #76754 - 06/07/04 06:28 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Linz, Thanks for the tip about the liquid Immodium. I've had trouble stabilizing after the flu last week and can't seem to get my stomach back on track. One Immodium seems like too much and none is not enough. I had my Dr. write me a script for Immodium and I am able to get them in generic about 60 pills for $5.00 with my insurance paying for some of them. But still that price is great compared to the Immodium brand name.

Luckily I'm currently at a job I love where I can take many bathroom breaks if I need to and I live only about 15 minutes away. But still my social life is suffering lately with all my stomach troubles. This flu really did a number on me and Im having a rough time getting thru this.

Flu new
      #76757 - 06/07/04 06:48 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Try some probiotics (dairy free of course). I bet that flu wiped out your friendly bacteria in your gut.

What you can try with Immodium is taking one every other day, or one a day for two days and then a day off. But the liquid stuff would be better in the long term I bet.

I get the generic stuff too! OTC Immodium is sooooo expensive!

thanks for the advice Linz! -nt- new
      #76818 - 06/07/04 09:09 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 996 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4468

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review