All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Irked with doctors
      #75470 - 06/02/04 08:02 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Went in to my family physician this week with a list of about 6 items to discuss, two of them bring IBS, anxiety and feeling I should have another colonoscopy since it's been about 10 yrs. I make my appointment, show up on time, he walks in and sees me referring to my list and right away says "I don't think we'll have time to go over all of those, so just pick the one most important thing". I get immediately pissed and say "they are all important and it really won't take all that long" and proceed to go over each and every item. Pooh on him. Anyway he did give me a referral to a new gastro doc (since I don't like my old one) so I will be doing that probably in a few mos. Just too much summer activities going on and don't want to deal with bowel preps and cavity invasions this summer. Hate to do this on a voluntary basis but just forced myself - UGH!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Irked with doctors new
      #75478 - 06/02/04 08:12 AM
ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada

what an @$$! Seriously, what are the being PAID for? To tell you they don't have time to discuss your health concerns. ugh, that reminds me of some really awful stories I have of doctors other people have experienced. for sure you should have another colonoscopy after 10 yrs. geeez, do you know what i have noticed? this doesnt go for all of them of course but some of the smartest and knowledgable people in the medical field have absolutely no people skills. erk!

#75482 - 06/02/04 08:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Good for you for standing up for yourself! I would have been upset as well but you did the right thing! Give that gastro doc a call and get soemthing scheduled for this fall!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#75485 - 06/02/04 08:19 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Yes, I guess he wanted to split my concerns into two visits and make twice as much money. They only want to spend 5 minutes with you it seems. My old doc retired so this is the new one. He's young and upbeat, my old doc told me to pick him, so I thought he'd be a good one. I'm beginning to think there aren't any good ones anymore. They are all too overworked, or so they think. I have switched doctors in the past only to end up with one worse and there are only so many on my insurance list that will take new patients. And you are right, most of them have no people skills at all. And if you want a physical, it is 3 month wait!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5909 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 341

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review