All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
To KIMM and VICAM...Modulon question?!! new
      #92374 - 07/22/04 03:08 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I did go to my doctor's today and he agreed to put me on Modulon. But when I filled the prescription at the pharmacy he warned me of possible drowsiness and dizzines side effects. Yikes. Have you guys had either of those reactions, if so for how long? I hate both of those things so now I'm kinda scared to try my new prescription. Dictel didn't have any noticeable side effects.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To KIMM and VICAM...Modulon question?!! new
      #92375 - 07/22/04 03:13 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey,

I did notice some dizziness, not so sure about the drowsiness because I'm drowsy almost all the time from some other meds that I take, so it's hard to pinpoint the cause of that. The modulon has mild opiate reciptor affinty, so it almost felt to me like a slight (very slight) "high" when I started it, but that only lasted for a couple of days. My advice would be, if your concerned, to start it when you have a few days off work or something just in case you run into trouble, but I found all side-effects to be very mild

Keep us posted,
Kelly

Thanks Kelly new
      #92379 - 07/22/04 03:18 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thanks Kelly for writing back so soon!

My two young nieces are coming this weekend so I think I'll finish off my Dicetel prescription and start the Modulon next weekend when I'll have lots of free time. It would be no fun if I'm falling asleep or feeling even worse than I am now. Good suggestion.

Thanks again.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 442 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2171

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review