Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Han Solo - You Out There?
      #7024 - 04/23/03 08:03 PM
pinky

Reged: 03/23/03
Loc: Indiana

Han Solo,

I feel that we have a lot in common. I just found out that I am pregnant. (Talk about shocked - I have one son. He's 10) One of my first thoughts was how to handle pregnancy and the eating thing. Will I be able to eat enough? Can I fight off the cravings, etc. How are you doing with your pregnancy? What type of prenatal vitamins are you able to tolerate? I have also had ocd for many years, longer than ibs. I find it to be a complicating factor. I believe you mentioned ocd in an earlier post. Sorry if I am confused. This day has thrown me for a loop - in a happy way though.

pinky

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Han Solo - You Out There? new
      #7128 - 04/24/03 07:28 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You're right. It looks like we have a lot in common. Maybe you can help me with the OCD thing and I can help you with the pregnancy/IBS thing. That would be so wonderful. I'm having trouble with the OCD right now - I'm just coming to grips with it after hiding it for 20 years. Not easy in the ideal circumstances. With a toddler and a pregnancy, whoa.
As to your question - I am OK with pretty much any prenatal vitamin so I can't help you there. You will be fine. Once you get through the first trimester, you will likely find that your IBS will improve. I don't know if you're IBS D or C. I'm D and it has almost completely disappeared since week 17. During my first pregnancy, I was so worried about providing for the baby nutrition wise. That's one of the first things they put me at ease about. Take your prenatal vitamins and do your best. That's all we can do. Most women feel yucky in the first trimester - fortunately the nutritional needs of the eensey weensey are minimal. Talk to your Doc about your concerns. If you get nauseous, there is a med called Diclectin you can ask your Doc about. It's Vitamin B6 and a Antihistamine which can help. As can Heather's What to Eat when you Can't eat anything section and ginger tea. Hit the search button - we talked about pregnancy concerns in previous posts with others on the board. It may help with your concerns. In the meantime, congratulations! I am so happy for you! We'll hopefully type again soon!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#7154 - 04/25/03 05:04 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Han Solo,

I just did a search for What To Eat When You Can't Eat Anything on the board and in The First Year IBS...can you tell me where that is? I hope you don't mind my jumping in...thanks bunches!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7169 - 04/25/03 05:56 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi Ruchie! Hope you don't mind me jumping in too! Here's the web page, it is down towards the bottom.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#7173 - 04/25/03 06:00 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

H2 mucho gracias...jump in any time! happy Friday!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Han Solo - OCD new
      #7174 - 04/25/03 06:06 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Han,
I didnt know you have ocd! I have obsessive compulsive disorder too, its not bad though. I just have little habits like my hands always have to be clean, and I hate odd numbers! Everything has to be even, i have to wake up on an even number, i have to have an even number of posts, ect. It really gets me annoyed and everyone around me too, lol.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Han Solo - OCD new
      #7378 - 04/25/03 07:09 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

When were you diagnosed, sweetie? Are you on meds?

--------------------

#7379 - 04/25/03 07:12 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

web page
Check the second page. Jumping in is AOK.

--------------------

Edited by HanSolo (04/25/03 07:17 PM)

#7381 - 04/25/03 07:18 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thanks H2. It took me 10 minutes to do it and then I realized you already had! Next time, I'll check first. Thanks again for your help.

--------------------

Re: Han Solo - You Out There? Thanks for responding new
      #7414 - 04/26/03 07:49 AM
pinky

Reged: 03/23/03
Loc: Indiana

Han Solo,

Nausea is not very bad for me, I actually wish it was worse sometimes because I'm afraid if I have no symptoms that I will miscarry. I had trouble with the vitamins last time, but don't remember what kind they eventually put me on - it was so long ago. I'm mostly D and I had it under control so well with the diet, but the hormones seem to be making it come back, hope that goes away in the second trimester (mostly I just hope I get there.) As far as the ocd goes, having a child and raising him for the past 10 years has forced me to get over some of it. Things can't always be clean and things don't always go as planned - sometimes kids throw up in the car, etc. - at first I was freaked out, but I have learned to formulate a new definition of successs. I still have my little quirks and I have refused medication for many years because I am functional (and I hated how it made me feel), although I realize it is very necessary for some. It can present in so many different ways, I'm not sure what you're dealing with, but I hope it is not too intrusive. I would be glad to talk about it with you. I may have more food questions in the future!

pinky

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review