All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
road trip tomorrow...
      #68642 - 05/07/04 06:27 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Me and my boyfriend and three others are packing in my car for a 2 1/2 hr drive to rhode island to get tickets for jimmy buffet... we are gonna be standing in line for a good amount of time and on the road with very few bathrooms.. any ideas for preventative measures.. should I take immodium before we even leave the house (at five am.. ahhh) .. or is that bad?!?
when I was in high school.. over 6 yrs ago.. I used to take pepto bismol before i went out to prevent diarrhea and now i'm so immune to it it never ever works.. is it even possible to use immodium as a preventative measure. I have used it before when I've had D, but it gives me gas the next day! but I'm just looking for anyways to prevent diarrhea..

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

YES, TAKE IMODIUM BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!!!!!!! new
      #68645 - 05/07/04 06:33 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

That's not bad, that's good! Taking it as a preventive is extremely helpful. And take some along just in case you need a second one later in the day. Take it at the first sign of iffy rumbly tummy. Also be sure to EAT!! But not ROAD FOOD. Lots of plain bagels and peanut butter sandwiches and whatever works for you.

Good luck and enjoy the day!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: YES, TAKE IMODIUM BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!!!!!!! new
      #68662 - 05/07/04 08:00 PM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

I totally agree with LauraSue ... it works best for me if I take it the night before and then take more with me.

re: road food, one of the things on the road that's often safe is a baked potato. Even at Denny's, it's pretty hard to ruin a baked potato.

#68667 - 05/07/04 08:13 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

thanks guys.. i'll be sure to pop two immodiums before we take off~~

--------------------

#68979 - 05/10/04 08:14 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

re: road food, one of the things on the road that's often safe is a baked potato. Even at Denny's, it's pretty hard to ruin a baked potato.

Make sure to ask for no butter as I have found that often restaurants will spread butter around the outside of the potato!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

#69039 - 05/10/04 11:58 AM
BobN

Reged: 04/04/04

Definitely take Imodium. I was flying back from Munich to California in February 2004 on a 12 hour nonstop flight. I went to my GI doctor and asked how many Imodium I could take in a 12 hour period as so not to over due it. He told me about 6-8. Well I did and had no problems flying. I popped 2 imodium 2 hours before the flight, 2 more as I checked in and 2 more as we boarded the flight. I drank alot of water and eat only half the meal and avoided coffee. Of course, I couldnt' go to the bathroom for 2 days after I return to the USA but that was fine with me as I had no problems flying.

try it new
      #69173 - 05/10/04 05:51 PM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

Last night I had dinner at a friend's house and I know my stomache always acts up there- so I took a Librax before I left the house, took some Acacia and also one immodium. It did it for me....
Evan

I hear you BobN new
      #69184 - 05/10/04 06:12 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Glad to know there are others out there who fly the way I do!

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: I hear you BobN new
      #69214 - 05/10/04 07:50 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I'm just so glad I don't have to make those trips anymore. How about 24 hours door to door from NYC to Singapore? Ack!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6819

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review