All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What should I do?
      #68587 - 05/07/04 03:22 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

I have been having D today but the last time I had it was about four hours ago. My tummy still is hurty and gassy and feels iffy..should I just stick to the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" (I'm still on antibiotics..and my prom is tomorrow )OR should I just eat anything safe. I just bought some luna bars but those have oats in them.. I should probably avoid those now, right? I have some Acidophilus capsules that I've been taking..so should I just stick to bread and tea and two acidophilus capsules a day and my benefiber for now (and my other medicines)? Okay..thanks for your help!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What should I do? new
      #68589 - 05/07/04 03:27 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I'd stay with safe stuff but that means more than just bread and tea. Gotta get some more nutrients into you, sweetie. Think you could eat a little white meat chicken? How about some mashed potatoes? Some white rice would help with the D. Just be careful with fruits and nonsoluble veggies. Do you like cooked carrots? I love them and they're very nutritious and easy on the tummy.

Yeah, I'd stay away from the Luna bars til after the prom and/or after you're done with the antibiotics.

What are you wearing to the prom??? I was a radical hippie and wore pants to mine!! (With a really pretty long flowered vest of voile fabric that I made myself! But I still felt like an idiot.)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#68600 - 05/07/04 03:36 PM
tarabara04

Thanks LauraSue...yeah..maybe I'll have cooked carrots! Oh..we have tofu! Is tofu ok? and rice...we have white rice...and we have beets. Does that sound okay if I have mainly rice and beets and some cooked carrots and a little tofu? Thanks for the tips!
My prom dress is pearl white with reddish roses on it...sounds ugly..but it's pretty..and i'm gonna be wearing a pretty necklace.. Excited...but need to get this D under control...tomorrow night going to a restaurant with my friends in SF..excited though I love my friends! Thanks for the help!

--------------------

#68622 - 05/07/04 04:36 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, your prom dress sounds lovely!! Have a great time, sweetie bear!

Oh and yeah, beets are great and tofu and carrots and rice -- great meal!! Good for you.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

It would probably be a good idea to new
      #68629 - 05/07/04 04:48 PM
Ashley

Reged: 05/05/04
Loc: Maryland, USA

stick to the safe foods for today especially with your prom being tomorrow. I hope you feel better soon and have a great time at the prom:)

Order peppermint tea at the restaurant new
      #68631 - 05/07/04 04:59 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

when you go out for prom, and take some soluble fiber right before your meal. Make sure they give you a bread basket and have some white bread. That should really help keep you safe for the meal. Have a good time!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Order peppermint tea at the restaurant new
      #68632 - 05/07/04 05:02 PM
tarabara04

Thanks Heather!!!! I'll do that! Thanks for your help!!!

--------------------

Re: It would probably be a good idea to new
      #68635 - 05/07/04 05:23 PM
tarabara04

Thanks Ashley! I'll tell you about prom next week, okay? Thanks for your help!

--------------------

#68636 - 05/07/04 05:25 PM
tarabara04

Thanks LauraSue!!! I'll tell you how prom was next week..or on Sunday maybe! Thanks for your help! I hope your swollen gland thingy gets better and I hope your migraine doesn't come (ssshh!!! knock on wood, fingers crossed, ssssh!!!!)

--------------------

prom! new
      #68644 - 05/07/04 06:31 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

YAY FOR YOU!!!! I looooooooved my prom!! I miss it so much.. granted it was five years ago I can totally still remember it! I remember before my prom we went to a french restaurant that was amazing and on a cliff and soo gorgeous, but everything on the menu was cream cream cream!! Granted I didn't know what I now know about IBS, I still could tell from my own investigations that if I ate cream.. I'd have a crappy crappy prom.. if I ever made it outta the bathroom. haha. Luckily I didn't mind being a huge pain and the place was able to give me the lobster tail and pasta dish in marinara instead of cream sauce so I was saved!! Anyways.. boring story! I hope you have a great time and keep us updated on what went down!

--------------------

#68725 - 05/08/04 12:53 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

Tara,
I hope you get this before you go. I hope that you are feeling better. I wish you the most wonderful, magical prom ever. I hope you have a great, painfree night. Let us know how it went . I know it sucks being a 43 year old woman & having this, I can't imagine how bad it sucks for children or young adults like you. I wish I had a magic wand to make it all better .
Daisy

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

#69004 - 05/10/04 10:05 AM
tarabara04

Thanks Daisy! I actually read your post before I left I just wasn't logged in and I was about to leave so I couldn't respond until now. Thank you so much! I did have a great time. I posted about how it went in here and in the living room. My tummy felt a little iffy at some times but I was just having so much fun being with my friends that I just figured..if I have to run to the bathroom Oh Well..they should understand! Anyhow, thanks for your kind thoughts...it can be rough being a kid with this but oh well! There are lots of great things about being a kid, too! Thanks for your support! YOu're so nice! I hope you are having a great day! HOpefully no migraine?!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1256 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1635

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review