All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Walking in the rain...
      #6776 - 04/22/03 01:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I went walking in the rain this afternoon--and it was GREAT! I never knew how much I LOVE the rain until today. It was truly AMAZING! It was about 50 degrees...it was PERFECT walking weather! It was cloudy...no thunder/lightning. WOW! Does anyone else enjoy the rain...or walking in it? Or am I just weird? LOL

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Walking in the rain... new
      #6838 - 04/22/03 06:48 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Wow Ruchie you are full of questions today!!
Durning my high school and college days I ran around 10 miles a day and the best time was durning a warm rain.
Barb

#6840 - 04/22/03 06:57 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

R - yep!!! S

Just kidding. Did you have an umbrella or did you get sopping wet??? Did your hair frizz up??? Mine would've. I like walking in the sunshine myself.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: It's heaven (tho, not for my dogs!!) -nt- new
      #6856 - 04/22/03 09:21 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: It's heaven (tho, not for my dogs!!) -nt- new
      #6879 - 04/23/03 08:01 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Kerrie - which dogs--the ones that say "woof" or the ones on your feet???? LOL

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#7155 - 04/25/03 05:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

Barb,

That's AWESOME! Rain is GREAT! How long did it take you to run ten miles...how long should it take someone to walk ten miles? My short term walking goal is to walk 3 miles in 30 minutes. My VERY LONG TERM goal is to walk a half marathon (13.1 miles). Any advice would be TERRIFIC!

(((((hugs))))))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Walking in the rain...attn Ruchie new
      #7294 - 04/25/03 12:14 PM
BarbaraS

Hi Ruchie,
Check the website www.johnbingham.com. It has alot of great info. He has a book called Marathoning for Mortals. It's great you want to walk a marathon!! I'll be rooting for you!!
I've always wanted to run a marathon and there is a group where I live helps people achieve that goal. I plan to attend the first workshop May 18th, which is being presented by two physcians. I will only do this if my Doc. says it is okay, since keeping my wieght on is a big concern for him.
By the way I haven't forgotten about the recipes for you - I have to take time to type them in my computer. Sorry
Take care,
Barb

#7302 - 04/25/03 12:45 PM
Snow for Sarala

Barb,

Thank you SO MUCH! I will def. check out this cite! I actually walked to the library today and got a book on walking LOL I'll let you know what I think. In May there will be a walk for hunger here and I plan to be there! I'm psyched! Keep me updated on how your running goes! Are you planning to run a full marathon? How did you get started running? I'll keep a lookout for recipes from you...but no rush! We're all busy...so no guilty feelings if it takes you time to get to it!!!!!!!!

happy Friday Barb...thanks for everything! (((hugs)))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7320 - 04/25/03 02:17 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Here we have a marathon called the Joints in Motion and it's for people who wish to run a marathon for Bone Cancer or something like that. But they travel to Ireland and Disneyland and have their marathon there. It's pretty cool actually. I would never dream of going in though because that is alot of work.

I used to run alot in high school. I was on the track team and went to Provincials and everything. But it is tough to get back into that rut now.

I wish you the best of luck though. It's wonderful to exercise, but to take it to another level and have a goal, that is wonderful. And you will be helping people at the same time!

Best Wishes and Good Luck

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#7339 - 04/25/03 03:47 PM
ConcreteAngel

Loc: New Jersey,USA

Ruchie,
I always thought of rain as angels' tears, crying for the sinners in the world, because they know they will never recieve God's joy in their life. Just my little theory Another theory is that God sends the rain to wash away peoples' sins.

Anyway, I love the rain. Its weird how we take even little things like rain for granted. For instance, some people and animals as well in different countries pray for rain because it never comes.Let it rain, let it pour!hehe

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#7423 - 04/26/03 09:04 AM
BarbaraS

Hi Ruchie,
My goal is to run a full marathon in Sept. This group I plan to join will help us reach that goal. If my Doc. says no I won't do it. I ran cross country and track in high school and college and running was an addiction for me.
I got to the point I used running to lose wieght after binge eating. I was hospitalized at age 19 and 20 for an eating disorder. I've had that under control for a long time and that is a reason why I haven't ran and exercised for along time too. To run a marathon and keep my wieght controlled will be a great accomplishment for me.
I could write a book about my life and it sell. I suffered depression a year and half ago and through counseling I realized I have a few regrets in my life and my couselor told me what is keeping you from accomplishing these goals. He helped me set up goals. My two goals right now are going back to Nursing School and running a Marathon.
Currently I'm taking pre-science and math courses and I start Nursing School summer of 2004.
You take care and good luck,
Barb

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1473

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review