All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rice milk & Soymilk
      #67318 - 05/04/04 10:20 AM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I was wondering if one of these is better tolerated than the other? I cant get myself to drink a glass of either of them cause it just seems like they will cause an attack. I have both the soy and rice milks in my fridge but I mainly use them for cooking. Is brown rice ok when its used in drinks or protein powders - Im not sure where I read it but I have it in my head that anything that says brown rice is bad. Is this true at all? I have rice milk, amazake drinks, and brown rice protein powder all sitting in my kitchen wasting away cause Im scared to try them! Any advice would be great!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rice milk & Soymilk new
      #67375 - 05/04/04 12:00 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

If you don't have any known issues with soy - I would go with the Soy milk because I think it tastes better. I generally only use it on top of cereal or in recipes. I don't usually drink a glassful.

As far as the brown rice question. I think many people seem to tolerate it okay if they are already stable but probably don't want to risk it if you are currently having troubles. I'm pretty sure most rice cakes are made with brown rice and I know many people like those. (Personally I think they are pretty close in flavor to cardboard)

Hope this helps,
Leigh

Rice Dream Milk!! new
      #67426 - 05/04/04 01:52 PM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

I use Rice Dreams original flavor milk. I like it much better than the Silk Soy. Just my own personal preference, it taste more like regular skim milk, and not as creamy.

I rarely drink it by the glass, mainly just in my cereal. But I think it would be prefectly safe to try a small glass. Try just drinking a small glass of it and see how you do, start off slow and gradually work your way up to a tall glass of milk!! And then you can dip some IBS safe cookies it in... mmmm!!

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Re: Rice Dream Milk!! new
      #67523 - 05/04/04 05:32 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Thanks for all the help! I like rice dream a lot better than soy dream too. I think Im going to switch to the rice milk for a lil while and see how it goes.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 593

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review