All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Abdominal Pain
      #6703 - 04/22/03 07:13 AM
veritas

Reged: 04/22/03

Heather:

I have had IBS-C for a year. I have been on your diet and I recently started exercising with light weights and doing abdominal exercises. I have not done much exercise for 15 years. Well, a day after I did the abdominal exercises I noticed the IBS pain was not as bad. I was not sure that was the reason so I did them again. Now I have been doing them every day or every other day for about 4 weeks and my IBS pain has definitely been reduced! I think the abdominal muscles are pushing against the colon when it spasms and will not allow it to jerk around as much. So I intend to do this forever because it really helps. I have tried other exercises, but it was not until I started working the abs that I felt a difference. You want to work the upper abs (crunches), lower and sides. There are many variations of ab exercises. I hope this will help someone, because it has sure helped me. I have to do this in combination with the IBS diet.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Abdominal Pain new
      #6713 - 04/22/03 07:53 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi veritas - and welcome to the IBS boards. So glad to hear tht the exercise helps, but there might be another reason why it does. Exercise is great for reducing stress and tension, so that could be also why your pain has subsided. Keep up the good work and keep on posting, too. We just love to hear from everybody.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6756 - 04/22/03 10:05 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Welcome to the board.
I know exercise is really good for ibs, I just need the willpower to go with it - mine seems to have disappeared over the last few weeks!
Maybe tomorrow - the kids are going to their grandma's so I'll have no-one to laugh at me in front of the exercise video lol!!

Keep posting,
sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#6773 - 04/22/03 01:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hey, this is wonderful! The interesting thing about exercise is that it tones and strengthens your internal organs (which are often muscular) as well as your external muscles. So it is great for the GI tract, to get it functioning better and keep it on track. I'm glad you saw such quick and dramatic results - thanks for sharing this!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3078 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review