All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Water!
      #66584 - 05/01/04 10:17 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I was wondering if anyone knows how much water the body actually needs? I already drink about 2 liters a day, but I've increased my protein intake and I know you must have more water so you don't get dehydrated. I'm just not sure how much more? (Yes, I'm still taking my SF supplements and eating plenty of carbs. And the protein is mostly plant based)

--------------------
--Julie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Water! new
      #66587 - 05/01/04 10:32 AM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

They say normally 8 glasses a day but recent research here in Canada indicates that that 8 glasses can includes other liquids such as teas, soups juices, etc. Generally, according the the report your body if it is starting to get really short on water it will tell you basically with being thirsty. I know from a recent bariuum enema where you have to cleanse your system beforehand I never wanted to drink so much after for a couple of days.

#66776 - 05/02/04 11:47 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Just a word to the wise, too much water can cause "water intoxication." Sometimes when marathon runners drink too much water, they get it. I think sometimes it can even be fatal because it throws off the body's chemistry so much.

Hence the famous saying, "Moderation in all things." Or like in the Three Bears, "Not too big, not too little, JUST right!"

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#66781 - 05/02/04 12:01 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

This is just a quote from FAQ Hope that helps!

Quote:

Have plenty of fresh water or the herbal teas with the supplements. For soluble fiber to normalize your bowel function you must drink enough water - aim for at least 128 ounces of water each day.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1581 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review