All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Heather, have u heard of.... new
      #6771 - 04/22/03 01:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I thought about taking a poll - figured it would be interesting, and would also probably reveal every blood type possible can have IBS. So, yeah, let's try one and see what happens for fun. I'll post it separately.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Take the poll - what's YOUR blood type? new
      #6772 - 04/22/03 01:20 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Okay - for the sake of curiosity let's see what everyone's blood types are. I'm not sure which type is supposed to be most likely to have IBS according to the "eat right for your type" book but it will be interesting to see what our highly scientific polling reveals!

What's your blood type?

A
B
AB
O

View the results for this poll

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Take the poll - what's YOUR blood type? new
      #6774 - 04/22/03 01:23 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I don't know my blood type Do you need to ask your doc...or is there some other way to find out? Do you have to have your doc give you a blood test to find out? I want to participate......thanks Heather (as always)!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Can't Remember! - nt- new
      #6780 - 04/22/03 01:41 PM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

#6781 - 04/22/03 01:42 PM
HeatherAdministrator

You do have to do a little lab test to determine this. You could probably just call your doc and they'll tell you (it should be in your files). We tested our blood in an anatomy class in high school, but I can't remember what tools we needed. Probably not your average household items...

- Heather

--------------------

#6783 - 04/22/03 01:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

LOL...you don't say!

Thanks Heather! Really...you took anatomy...that's FASCINATING (they didn't even offer that in my high school...)! Also, thanks for the fiber info...when I finish the orange citrucel I plan to try the equalactin...if I do, I'll let you know how it goes! Have a super Tuesday!!!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7095 - 04/24/03 01:42 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I found out my blood type by donating blood one time....they sent me a card in the mail a couple months later to tell me my blood type. That could always be an option, it's for a good cause and you get to know your blood type Though I am at college, and theres always some sort of blood drive going on, which makes it definitely more accessible...

Also, I was wondering if the +/- on your blood type would affect anything? I know I am O-, which is far less common than O+.

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#7281 - 04/25/03 10:39 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

When you have a baby you will probable have to have a RhoGAM shot. That makes sure the Rh factor doesn't affect your second child. This is crutial if you partner has a + blood type. I know from experience. I am A- but my husband is - as well so we have no problem. I just have to have a shot at 28 weeks of pregnancy and then they check the baby after birth. If the baby has a + blood type then you need the shot. Also, if you ever have a miscarriage you need the shot. My sister just had a miscarriage a couple weeks ago and had to have the shot. Fun.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 703 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3052

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review