All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Migraine Meds and D??
      #66216 - 04/30/04 07:01 AM
adobemoes

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Connecticut

I have been going along okay in the last couple of months on the diet- I'm more prone towards C when I eat all the soluable fiber, but am primarily an A when things are "normal".
However, last night I took a Maxalt, which is my migraine medication, and I have not stopped hurting or D'ing since...
Anyone else notice this kind of connection?
KAL

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Migraine Meds and D?? new
      #66219 - 04/30/04 07:14 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I haven't had that problem at all. In fact probably the exact opposite. I have been so stable for quite a while until this months. My migraines have been nuts. My neurologist switched my preventative last monday and I think I might have had 3 BM since.

I'm sorry you're have the opposite problem. I wish we could meet somewhere in the middle. I hope your headache is better. Are your's really bad? I have had 17 this month? I don't know how much more I can take.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#66272 - 04/30/04 08:50 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I take Maxalt too, but I haven't noticed that problem. Granted I haven't had a migraine in about 3 months, so maybe I just don't remember...or never made the connection before. Are you sure it was the Maxalt and not something you ate? Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
--Julie

#66279 - 04/30/04 08:53 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I take Relpax and Imitrex which are also triptans like Maxalt and I've never had that problem. Might want to do a web search and see what the reported side effects are.

Anyway, that bites. Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#66280 - 04/30/04 08:54 AM
Ericasmom

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Arizona

Hi! Just a suggestion...are you like me and only take your med when you actually get a migraine? Well, Maxalt was the only thing that worked for me, and I never paid much attention to whether it upset my tummy. Anyway, last time I was at the Dr. she didn't have any Maxalt, so she gave me Zomig. I found that it works just as well for my migraines, and it doesn't bother my tummy either. I am also an "A". You can ask your Dr. about it-see if it agrees with you better. Good luck!
Amy

--------------------

#66284 - 04/30/04 08:58 AM
Ericasmom

Hi Hon! Sorry you're feeling so bad. Just curious...apparently at one time your Neuro decided a preventative was good for you, but they don't work for everyone. Since you are suffering so bad, maybe you can ask about something that would work after your migraine starts. Hope you feel better!
Amy

--------------------

#66288 - 04/30/04 09:07 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am sorry that you are feeling bad today. Bad enough to have a headache and then to have D on top of it. I take Imitrex for my migraines and it makes my stomach feel sick but I don't have D. Maybe you can talk to your Doc and try one of the other meds suggested here or maybe it was something you ate and not the meds.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
Janey

#66298 - 04/30/04 09:26 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Hmmm. I just got a prescription for maxalt a few weeks ago. The times I've used it I don't recall it giving me D...I remember getting D sometime around then. Maybe it just doesn't agree with you. I remember my neurologist saying there are a few of them that are all pretty much the same but some work differently for different people. So, ask your doctor. Because, getting your migraine to sail away is happy, but then spending that time on the toilet wishing someone would shoot you in the leg (well..not really...but you know what i mean) to take away the pain from your stomach isn't a great alternative. Good luck. I hope you feel better!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#66311 - 04/30/04 09:53 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Oh I am on something for after they start as well. It's not working either. The headaches eventually go away, but I have the biggest hangover. It just SUCKS right now. I'm sure all of you who suffer from migraines understand how I feel now.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#66318 - 04/30/04 10:02 AM
Ericasmom

Quote:

Oh I am on something for after they start as well. It's not working either. The headaches eventually go away, but I have the biggest hangover. I'm sure all of you who suffer from migraines understand how I feel now.

Oh absolutely! But there are several different meds out there. Have you tried everything available? Some of them don't work for me either.

Amy

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 856 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1950

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review