All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What types of Iced Tea is safe?
      #65413 - 04/27/04 06:16 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Ok, I'm craving something other than water. I like my herbal teas (peppermint and fennel) but it's starting to finally get warmer here and I want another cold drink to have. I love Iced Tea, but I don't know if regular iced tea is safe, and if so, what brand is the best? I figured it all had caffeine in it.

I know that you can make the peppermint and fennel teas and have them cold, but are there any other kinds of iced tea I could try?
Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What types of Iced Tea is safe? new
      #65494 - 04/28/04 06:13 AM
adobemoes

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Connecticut

I have been using the 4C brand of decaf iced tea (lemon flavored)- the one that comes in a powder and you mix with water. I find if I don't overdo it, I can tolerate it well- but since it probably still has some caffeine in it, I try not to drink too much in one day. I also find that watering it down a bit from the normal directions is helpful on my tummy.
Good luck and hope you get lots of suggestions!
KAL

#65509 - 04/28/04 07:03 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

I make a big pot of herbal tea in the morning (celestial seasonings or other brands) and drink it throughout the day. It's nice having a variety of flavors from which to choose.

#65539 - 04/28/04 08:22 AM
Ericasmom

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Arizona

As far as I know, the Celestial Seasonings brands all have directions for iced tea. I like the Raspberry Zinger a lot. If it's not too acidy, it would probably make great iced tea! Just remember-really ice cold drinks can cause cramps (although I know room temp is not too refreshing on a hot day). You can also easily make sun tea if you have a gallon jar with a tight lid. Just put in about 6 tea bags, fill with water, and leave in direct sun for 6 to 8 hrs. Another thing that is wonderful with many type of teas is fresh mint, if you can get it. Just add in a small sprig to the sun tea jar, or add to hot tea after it cools. Also, the health food stores and some groceries carry natural brands of Iced Chai and iced tea. Just be sure to check the ingredients.
Amy

--------------------

#65584 - 04/28/04 09:39 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

If you can tolerate decaf tea, you can make iced tea from that. I like to use these and different fruity flavored herbal teas to make iced herbal tea. You can even mix and match and come up with your own flavors.

Also, Heather has some drinks in EFI (my favorite is the cranberry/lime/honey drink), and there are some drinks on the recipe index also - Drinks.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1158

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review