All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Did I mess up??? Vanilla Bean Latte!
      #65036 - 04/27/04 06:45 AM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

I was waiting for the courier shop to open this morning so I could send something off and there was a coffee shop right next door......(can you feel the scary music playing in the background????).

I went in and got a vanilla bean SOY latte. I thought it would be safe but as I was drinking it started wondering if I messed up. Vanilla is OK - right?

Ana

Boy oh boy was it GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Lattes new
      #65047 - 04/27/04 06:54 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Vanilla is okay... but coffee in any form really is not. It has an enzyme that is horrible for digestion. So next time you might want to skip it and get a chai tea latte instead.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Answered my own question - DUH! new
      #65050 - 04/27/04 06:56 AM
Ana Maria

So I just went on-line to the Second Cup web site and found this description of the vanilla bean latte:

"Vanilla Bean Latte is made with the world's finest Madagascar vanilla beans. Blended with our famous espresso, this latte is creamy and smooth, with the aromatic taste of pure vanilla. If you like vanilla, you'll love our authentic Vanilla Bean Latte."

Guess I MESSED UP! You can't taste any coffee in it at ALL - it's no wonder I'm so jittery now and had a loose BM after having it. LESSON LEARNED: ASK WHAT THE INGREDIENTS ARE BEFORE YOU BUY / CONSUME!!!!!!!!!!

Ana

Doesn't Chai Tea have caffeine in it? -nt- new
      #65051 - 04/27/04 06:57 AM
Ana Maria

Depends - you can get decaf, and you can also get chai new
      #65243 - 04/27/04 12:55 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

without any black tea in it at all, so it's just herbs/spices. There's a recipe for that in Eating for IBS and also some recipes on the boards.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thanks for your replies - I guess I was so excited that they had soy new
      #65378 - 04/27/04 04:44 PM
Ana Maria

and a vanilla bean latte - they didn't say nothin' about coffee beans!!!! - that I just jumped at the chance of a latte. I'm not 100% sure whether their type of chai has caffeine of not.

I know I won't make that mistake again though because I was soooooooooooo jittery ALL DAY and still am...the caffeine also gave me headache!!! Well, at least I don't crave coffee after that caffeine anxiety that I can't shake! Hope I sleep tonight
Ana

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2773 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review