All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis new
      #64817 - 04/26/04 11:45 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

ok, well mine wasn't that severe, painwise. i never went to the hospital for it....

just goes to show, just 'cause the pain is in the same place don't mean it's the same thing!

i am glad i don't have that. sounds miserable...

thanks, Bevrs.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! In Excruciating Pain.... new
      #64824 - 04/26/04 12:21 PM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

WHOA, Kel, your description of the pain attacks sounds a lot like what I was doing just before I was diagnosed with intestinal blockage caused by Crohn's. And it wouldn't matter what you ate or didn't eat if that's what it is. Do you have someone who could come over and play nurse for a while? Bring you tea and keep you company?

Also, you said your doctor doesn't take phone calls? Really???? I'd find a new doc for sure. And for what it's worth I don't like that attitude, either, about the barium "let's get it over with" idea. If you don't want to then you don't want to, it's different if you're in critical shape in the hospital and they tell you you have to have one, but you're not in that situation, right?

Barium tip: Tell them you want some Verced before you go in there and tell them you ain't going without it.

Question for Kelly new
      #64830 - 04/26/04 12:36 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello Kelly,
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
What's Verced btw? I've never heard of it...

Re:Good Luck tommorow... new
      #64833 - 04/26/04 12:59 PM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Let us know how it goes tommorow as I for one am worried about all that your body is going through right now. In fact, I think they ought to check you as an in patient to observe you after that test. I really hope your system comes around soon Kelly. Keep those fluids up. Keep us posted.
Sending good thoughts...
Cindy

Re: Question for Kelly new
      #64848 - 04/26/04 01:54 PM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

Verced (pronounced ver-SED) is a drug that's often used in combination with morphine or demerol for procedures that are nasty or painful but during which they want you awake and helpful (a bronchoscopy or colonoscopy, for example). The verced causes a bit of short-term amnesia, so if you do experience pain, you won't remember it, so it's like not experiencing pain at all. I first learned of the stuff in 1996 -- my son had had a couple bronchoscopies and it was pretty much torture. Our new doc was all puzzled like WHAT?! and said the procedure should be a piece of cake -- if you use Verced. She was right. Tell 'em you're not going in there without it. It won't be bad at all if you get that administered before you go in.

Re: Help! In Excruciating Pain.... new
      #64856 - 04/26/04 02:12 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Kelly,

Sorry you are having such a tough time. Sometimes just having people understand what you are going through helps.
It sounds to me like you have more going on than regular IBS. I'm glad you are having tests done so they can finally get down to what's causing your problem. Don't know if this pertains to you but my son had severe abdominal pains - even had to go to the emergency room and they gave him morphene. After several bouts of this, he finally had some tests done and it was his gallbladder. He had it taken out and now feels great. You will feel better again, too!

Best of luck & keep us posted
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review