All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: No BM in 2 days after being on the diet new
      #63405 - 04/21/04 10:35 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Welcome! I just wanted to let you know that I am IBS A. Was having D very badly then went to C and did not got for 5 straight days with much discomfort. A nutritionist advised me that I had to cut back on the rice products and eat mainly protein and lots of vegetables. Maybe it would help if you cut back on the rice products for a while too. I'm fairly new to the site also but wanted you to know this may help. Again Welcome Aboard!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#63535 - 04/21/04 03:26 PM
tomoko

Reged: 04/20/04

Debby,

Thank you for your post. My situations are different from yours (maybe the opposite). My pain stops 2 days before the onset of menstruation. (I know some people experience severe pains during it, and it sounds like you used to be one.) I do know though that if I don't ovulate, I don't get any attacks that month.

I explained all that to my gyno because I thought it was some type of endometriosis or something but he ruled it out; according to him, people with endometriosis have the worst pain during menstruation. I am in my mid 40's and my period has been only a day long for a few years now. I am on a small amount of bio-identical estrogen patch to offset my hot flushes etc. Since I told him I get no pain on the months I don't ovulate (I can tell if I ovulate or not, but I won't go into details here..), he suggested I get on a birth control pill (Estrostep). I just about died being on it for only 3 days with really bad cramps non stop! Well, it was a good try (well at least it made sense conceptually...), but no more of that for me.

Anyway, I had a small BM this afternoon, so my 3 day record has been broken. I think I will go back on 1/2 Citricel tonight along with 1 tablet of calcium and see...

Thanks!

T

#63587 - 04/21/04 07:35 PM
tomoko

Reged: 04/20/04

Thank you all very much!
You guys are great help!

It makes me laugh. I have IBS-D so I am not used to constipation (well, I do get constipated two weeks out of the month, but never go without a BM for too long.) so you guys who have IBS-C puts my mind at ease.

I did have a small BM today so I feel a little better. I get a little crampy but compared to the cramping attacks I get with IBS-D, the crampiness is not bad at all.

I just took my 3/4 dose of Citricel and I am cooking up some beets tonight to give me some extra insoluble fiber. I hope to find a good level of soluble/insoluble fiber so my movement becomes regular and smooth.

I also just received my other Heather's book from Amazon today, so I am all set!

Someone mentioned cutting down on rice stuff some, and I am planning to do just that.

Thank you all for all the great advice!

BTW, what is IBS-A? I only knew IBS-C and IBS-D.

T

Re: No BM in 2 days after being on the diet/ IBS A new
      #63656 - 04/22/04 06:54 AM
Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04

Glad to hear you're doing better!!! To answer your question on what is A it's when you alternate with D and C. Don't know what's worse, but I think I hate the C the most. I was the one that told you about going easy on the rice products when you are C as they cause you to be more so. Pat post

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 289 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2646

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review